CHAPTER : 13

The streaks of mossy greens caged in his eyes stared at me with an unfamiliar emotion that I could not decipher. He got up from his chair and came to the front of his desk to lean on it. His fingers of the right hand clenched the end of the desk and made eerie drumming sounds which made me shudder. His face was Stoic with no emotion on display and his hair as brown and as perfect as ever framed his face in an oddly unique way that intimidated me.

A loud thunder roared in the distance welcoming the rain with it. Drops of rainwater splashed on the windowpane and small, yet recognizable pieces of snow stuck to it making a beautiful canvas. The room had turned colder and there was pin-drop silence.

I sat on the bench near the piano and slowly glided my fingers on the top of it. I did not know what to play, but the atmosphere controlled me and I started softly, playing a tune I have never heard.

I realized I was playing an original song.

My first original song.

My fingers were playing on their own as if they are controlling me and I had no power against them. The notes were soft but held so much emotion. I closed my eyes and emersed myself into the song.

My head bowed and my fingers flying I heard nothing but me. I felt nothing but me and no one else existed at that moment. With every note, my heart thrummed with the rhythm and I felt submerged into a Bliss. I felt a million emotions expressed in each and every key I pressed, and the tune danced like a ballerina on her tiptoes. Gentle and delicate.

The rain outside seemed to accompany my song, making it more special. The thunder hit again and the soft sound of the rain splattering on the window gave my song a smooth flow.

The song ended as smoothly as it had started, and I was still lost. I opened my eyes and came in direct contact with the green. The drumming of fingers was replaced by white knuckles clenching the desk with all their might. His face was still impassive and his eyes had turned a shade I have never seen. I got my hint.

I should make my escape.

I grabbed my belongings and went out of the classroom while he was still staring at the piano as if I was still sitting there and playing for him.

****

I expected to get crushed in a bear hug when I returned home, but there was only darkness and silence as I entered my home.

Liza was supposed to return today from Max's place. Her absence worried me.

While climbing the stairs to my room I dialled her number but as soon as I heard sniffling noises from the hall I got scared. I switched on the lights and saw that Liza's door was slightly open.

I peeked inside and saw a very sad girl curled up on the bed with her back facing me. Her window was open and chilly gusts of wind blew in giving the white satin curtains wild shapes.

I got inside her room and switched on the lights. Liza sat up, wiping her tears with her hand, trying to act normal. Her eyes were puffed up with tears, and they were red with sadness. Her dark circles made it clear that she was having a very tough time.

I walked up to her and sat on the bed. I am a little awkward at comforting people, so I just hugged her, and she hugged me back. Her tears made their way to my sweater and got soaked in the dark meshes.

I remember when I used to get sad I just wanted someone to hug me and tell me everything is going to be okay. To comfort me and make me realize that good times come only after bad times.

"Everything is going to be okay Liz" I whispered into her ear and kissed her on the cheek.

"No it's not...nothing is ever going to be okay Rose" she whispered back and buried her head in my neck.