Chapter 11: With These Hands I Shook The Heavens To The Ground.

Chapter 11: With These Hands I Shook The Heavens To The Ground.

CAMRYN'S POV

"Mom!" I called, running down the stairs.

"Yes honey?" My dad had already left for work which was great.

"How long is dad going to be away for?"

"Um, he usually gets off work at five and then he's going to hang with Ethan today so he should be out till eight. I think they're going to a bar or something."

"Great!"

"Is this about Chris?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"Doesn't matter. Anyway, can you please please please not mention your last name when you meet him or give any hint of to who my family is?"

"Sure, but why?"

"He's a huge fan of Stormy Copper and Black Veil Brides and all that. Having dad here would just be a dead give away, I mean, he's a clone of Grandpa."

"And it looks like your brothers are going to be the exact same way." She said with a small laugh. "They look exactly like your dad did when he was their age."

"How do you know?"

"Because I have super powers and I know what everyone looked like from the day I was born, I remember it vividly. No, I have pictures. I didn't even hang around your dad until I was Danielle's age when we were dating. It was always a quick hi and bye when he would come over to see your Uncle Vic."

"So dad and your brother were best friends, then they ended up being brothers-in-law?" I asked and she nodded. "Freaky. But, deal?"

"Deal." She smiled and I thanked her, running out the door with Danielle to catch up with Hannah.

***

I felt bad that Hannah had to sit with Danielle on the ride home but she understood becasue she saw I really liked Chris. We got off at my stop and Hannah waved bye as she went into her house.

"WE'RE HOME!" Danielle called and my mom rushed into the entryway.

"Hi, I'm Alex, Camryn's mom." She smiled, extending her hand to him.

"Hi, I'm Chris." He smiled, shaking her hand back.

"We'll be up in my room." I said, grabbing Chris' wrist and dragging him upstairs. I led him to my room and we did the project for about thirty minutes before just talking.

"I'll be right back." I said, leaving the room. I came back a few minutes later to see Chris looking at the pictures around my room. My heart began to beat faster and I bit my lip. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"Did you really meet all of these people?"

"Y-Yeah."

"Awesome! You are so lucky." He sighed, sitting back down.

"You'll get your chance one day."

"Doubt it, my parents don't want to pay for the concerts. If I want to go, I have to buy my own ticket. But I mean, where is a thirteen year old supposed to get money?"

"Babysit?" I shrugged.

"I'm not very good with kids."

"Aww, I'm sure you are."

"Nah. Speaking of that, where are your brothers?"

"I dunno, they're usually pretty loud. Probably at my grandpa's or something." I shrugged.