Chapter 89: Can't You See That We All Fall Down Sometimes

Chapter 89: Can't You See That We All Fall Down Sometimes

BRANDON'S POV

Danielle went up to her room and I pulled on my hair, grabbing a pillow off the couch and throwing it at the wall.

"Brandon!" Alex exclaimed.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." I said.

"What?"

"I'm going to kill him." I repeated, walking to the entry way and grabbing my keys. I opened the door but Alex grabbed my wrist and I snapped my head to look at her.

"Brandon. Don't." She said, looking into my eyes.

"Alex! He ripped our daughter's virg-"

"I'm aware of what he did Brandon! But that doesn't give you the right to kill fourteen year old boys! You can't go back to jail Brandon!" I sighed and slammed my keys into the dish, slamming the door. I went upstairs and unlocked the fridge, drinking beer after beer until I was passed out.

DANIELLE'S POV

*The Next Day*

"Danielle." My dad said, walking into my room.

"What?"

"I want to have a little talk with you." He said, closing the door and sitting at the foot of my bed. I groaned and he just chuckled. "Just hear me out. Your mom told me that all these recent changes were because of Skyler."

"I-I just wanted to make him happy." I said, blinking back tears.

"Danielle, if you have to change yourself to make a guy happy. He doesn't deserve you."

"I know. I just, I really liked him."

"Danielle, you're only in eigth grade, lets slow down on the dating a bit, okay?"

"Okay."

"Look, I kind of know what you're going through."

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"I was getting bullied in the locker room after gym, my freshman year. But, I took off my shirt. and they saw my tattoo." He said, showing me the Never Give In tattoo on his arm.

"All of a sudden, they stopped bullying me and thought I was so cool, cause I was fourteen and had a tattoo. One of their dads was the football coach and he convinced me to try out for the time. I was really skinny, but I was fast, and actually really good at football. I got in with the popular kids and had girls hitting on me all the time. but I didn't do anything because I waas dating your mom. I had a bunch of friends and I thought this is where I'm meant to be. But what I didn't realize, was I changed into someone I wasn't. I totally ditched Ethan and I felt bad, but I quickly pushed the thought out of my head. They took me to the mall and bought me new clothes, and everyone was telling me I had cvhanged. My parents, your Aunt Blade, Ethan and even your mom. I was too oblivious to see it though and just kept doing what I was doing. I was getting praise with each football game we won and I was on top of the world. One day we went out back and all the guys started smoking. As you know, I can't smoke so I refused it. They kept pressuring me and I finally did it, but it landed me in the hospital. Finally, I realized I needed to go back to my old self, and I did once football season was over. It took your mom breaking up with me because I made a stupid, drunken mistake at a party for me to realize what was wrong."

"Wow." I said and he nodded.

"I hope you learned from this whole experience with...you know who." He said and I nodded. "Good girl." He smiled, leaning in and kissing my forehead. "I love you Danielle." He said, wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you too dad." I said, hugging him back.

*One Week Later*

"Danielle, you know you have to go back to school sometime." My mom said, bringing clean laundry into my room.

"No." I said, shaking my head. I was terrified to go back because of Skyler.

"Alright." My mom sighed, leaving my room. The only reason I've moved from my bed in the last week is to go to the bathroom.

ALEX'S POV

*A Few Hours Later*

There was a knock on the door and I walked from the kitchen to the door. I opened it to see Ember standing there.

"Oh, hello Ember."

"Hi Mrs. Biersack. Um, is Danielle home? It's just, I haven't seen her in a week and I'm kind of getting worried."

"Hold on, she might be sleeping. I'll go check." I said, walking up the stairs.

DANIELLE'S POV

"Danielle." My mom said, walking into my room.

"What?"

"Ember's here to see you." I sat up and bit my lip.

"Let her in." I said and she nodded, leaving my room. Ember walked in a little bit later, closing the door behind her and awkwardly standing in the middle of my room.

"Sit." I said, patting the edge of my bed and she nodded, sitting down. She stared down at her feet and kicked them a bit.

"What are you doing here? I thought you hated me?"

"Y-You haven't been at school all week and I got worried. Especially when I saw Skyler making out with Elizabeth." She said and I bit my lip.

"Ember, I'm so fucking sorry. You were right about Skyler."

"W-What happened?" She asked.

"Well, we went to Elizabeth's party and long story short, he tried to rpe me."

"Danielle!" She gasped as tears came to my eyes. I nodded as she crawled over to me and wrapped her arms around me. "I should've stepped in. I should've told someone about Sky-"

"Don't blame yourself Ember. This is my own damn fault for ever listening to that damn asshole."

"Well, that answers the question I had."

"What?"

"Skyler got arrested during class today."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Fucking finally." I said, tossing my head back.

"Probably going to juvy or some shit." She said and I nodded. "So, when do you think you're going to come back to school?"

"I really don't know. So, does this mean we can be friends again?"

"Of course!" I smiled and hugged her. We talked for a bit longer before she had to go home and my mom came up.

"So, I just got a call, and Sky-"

"Ember told me."

"Oh, okay." She smiled and left.

***************************************************************************************

I started school today and then went to the gym. Updates may end up being later in the day now because I'm in AP World History so I'm going to be getting a lot of homework (Like I need to read a chapter in our book for a quiz on Wednesday). So, just give me a break and don't comment for me to make longer chapters.

BTW: Danielle isn't lesbian, and neither is Ember, so please stop commenting those ideas.

Listening to Welcome To The Black Parade~ My Chemical Romance and Who I Am Hates Who I've Been~ Relient K

35 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER