Chapter 35: Two Choices

CAMRYN'S POV

I opened the door and gasped when I saw my sister. She was hooked up to a few machines and looked pale and thin. I was on the verge of tears, feeling my knees get week as I got closer. I quickly sat down in a chair next to her bed and grabbed her hand.

"Danielle." I cried. "Danielle, I'm so sorry. I should've told mom and dad, I should've gone against your wishes. I never wanted this to happen for you. I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"Camryn, this isn't your fault." My dad spoke up.

"I should have told you guys." I said, not looking at him.

"That doesn't mean we could've avoided this. She might of ended up here anyway. It's not your fault Camryn, I promise. Please don't blame yourself." He said, kissing the top of my head.

"O-Ok." I sniffled and he smiled, hugging me.

"That's my good girl." He said, standing back up. We heard a groan and snapped our heads to Danielle.

"Danielle?" I asked, grabbing her hand again.

"C-Camryn?"

"I'm right here Danielle." I smiled, rubbing her hand. She turned her head to look at me.

"W-What happened?"

"Camryn, can you go back to the waiting room and send your mom back here?" My dad asked and I nodded, walking out of the room.

DANIELLE'S POV

I woke up with the sound of a beeping in my ear. I could hear people talking. I groaned, having a massive headache.

"Danielle?" I heard my sister ask as she grabbed my hand. I called out her name and I could tell by her tone of voice, she had a smile on her face. I turned my head to see her and my dad.

"What happened?" I asked as my head pounded. My dad told Camryn to leave and get my mom and she did. My dad took her spot and grabbed my hand.

"Danielle, your sister found you passed out on your bedroom floor. You had hit your head and made a pretty nasty gash."

"Oh." I said. I guess that explains the headache.

"The doctor's told me that you're malnourished and it's most likely because you're starving yourself. Danielle, are you?"

"N-No." I said, biting my lip, not looking at him.

"Danielle, don't lie. Your sister already told me you were."

"That little rat! I told her not to tell!"

"Danielle! This is important! She only told because I asked. This could've turned into a serious eating disorder that could've taken years to get over!" Just then, my mom rushed in.

"Danielle! You're awake!" My mom cried, hugging me tightly. She kissed my cheeks about a thousand times before pulling up a chair next to my dad.

"Why are you doing this Danielle?" My dad asked, his voice cracking.

"Cause I'm a fucking fatass." I said quietly.

"Danielle! You are not fat! You have two of the skinniest parents. You are no where close to fat!" My mom exclaimed.

"Why do you think your fat?" My dad asked. Shit, he's going all therapist on me.

"I get bullied at school." I admitted.  "They push me into lockers, knock my stuff down, call me fat, fatty, fat emo, cow, if I bump into them they yell at me to move my fat ass. It's horrible."

"Oh Danielle!" My mom cooed, pulling me in for a hug. "You are beautiful and don't you ever forget it." She said, pushing the hair out of my face.

"Danielle, after begging and pleading, the hospital gave me two options. You can either go to a rehab center for a minimum of a month-"

"NO!" I yelled, cutting him off.

"Let me finish. That was the only option that the hospital gave you. But, I figured you wouldn't want to do that so I found a way around it and they're giving you the choice. If you don't choose, they'll just put you in the rehab center." He explained.

"What's the second option?" I asked, determined to stay far away from that damned mental institute.

"You have to go through therapy sessions with me."

"What! No!"

"It's either me or rehab." He said and I grumbled under my breath.

"You." I said quietly.

"Great, I'll tell the doctor." He smiled, kissing my forehead and leaving the room. Could my life get any worse?

******************************************************************************************

Did Danielle make the right choice? Why or why not?

Listening to Move Along~ All American Rejects

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER