Chapter 2

When I had gotten back inside, it hit me, the Cullen's were gone, Alice and Jasper...

Months went by and Bella did nothing, she was like a zombie, though while I was a little better than her it wasn't by much. I did stuff besides go to school, not big things, but I read, I drew, even though I'm crap at art. I never took the bracelet off though. Then there were Bella's nightmares, the ones that kept us all up at night. I missed Alice, she was the one I talked to, and I missed Jasper and his hugs and ability to know what I'm feeling.

Christmas passed, Dad tried to celebrate but we weren't feeling it. He had gotten me a big, fluffy black scarf, I loved it, it gave me comfort. After winter break was over we went back to school again. I had taken to eating lunch in the library, preferring to read rather than interact with people. That's how it was for a while.

"Alright" Dad said, shutting the truck door. "That's it"

"What?" Bella asked

"You two are going to Jacksonville to live with your mother" He replied.

"No" I said quite firmly before getting in the truck and slamming my door. I saw my dad sigh before continuing to talk with Bella. He then opened the door and let Bella in.

"How'd you get out of that" I asked when we started driving.

"I told him I was going shopping with Jessica" She stated, I looked over at her.

"You hate shopping."

"Yeah" She sighed "He also said that you need to come or to find someone to hang out with."

I cursed under my breath.

"Well, I'm sure as hell not going shopping" I mumbled "I suppose I'll have to find someone to hang out with."

I was in the middle of a boring math lesson thinking about who to hang out with when it hit me. I quickly gathered my things and stride toward the door.

"Miss Swan, where are you going?" The teacher asked snippily.

"Out." I replied before shoving out the door and towards the exit. I saw Mike walking in the parking lot when I got out there.

"Hey" I called, he turned around looking surprised.

"Hey..."

"Take me to the rez" I told him.

"But..." He trailed off looking towards the school, I sighed.

"Please." I bit out, I don't think he noticed though because he agreed.

The ride was awkward and quiet. When he dropped me off I waved a quick goodbye and walked off. As I approached a house Billy came out.

"Lily" he said surprised "What brings you out here?"

I shoved my hands in my pocket and looked around.

"Is Sam here?" I asked. He gave me another surprised look.

"Uh, yeah, he's outback" He responded, I gave a smile and nodded, heading past him. Outback Sam was chopping wood, when I approached he looked up at me.

"What are you doing here" He asked, I couldn't tell if it was rude or not.

"I'm bored" I stated.

"And?"

"I can tolerate you the most right now." I replied.

"You don't even know me." He shot back

"Yes" is all I said in response, he looked at me for a second.