Chapter 4

WHY DO YOU WRITE LIKE YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME?!?!. Cause I'm running out of time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't stop crying; I was holding onto Alice like a lifeline. After seeing Alice, I had ran to her, putting my arms around her. We went outside after Jacob came in and I still hadn't let go of her. She was softly petting my head, trying to calm me down. After a few minutes I calmed down enough to form a proper sentence.

"W-what are you doing here?" I sniffed.

"I saw Bella jump, I thought she was dead" Alice explained "I guess I acted a little impulsively," it made me sad that she didn't come back for me.

"And I wanted to see you"

I looked up at her with tearful eyes before I broke into sobs again, I buried my face into her neck

"I missed you so much" I cried. "W-where's Jasper?"

"He didn't come, he didn't agree with my intervening" She answered.

"Oh" I said dejectedly. I felt her tense and I looked up at her, she was looking straight ahead. Oh, it was a vision. "Alice?"

"We have to go, come on" She said hurriedly, pulling me into the house.

"Wha-"

"Bella, Bella it's Edward" Alice said, as we approached her and Jacob. "He thinks you're dead. Rosalie told him why I came here"

Bella stared at Alice before turning to Jacob

"Why would you... why didn't you let me speak to him?" Bella yelled at him,

"He didn't ask for you" Jacob defended, I snorted, glaring at him.

"I don't care" Bella yelled back

"Bella, he's going to the Volturi" Alice said, getting her attention. Volturi? "He wants to die, too"

Bella stared in shock before both she and Alice were moving, me being dragged along. Alice had gotten into the car and I quickly followed, Bella was behind, still arguing with Jacob. When Bella got into the car, Jacob stuck his head through the window.

"Please Bella, just stay here" he pleaded. "For Charlie... or for me."

"I have to go" Bella said quietly.

"I'm begging you."

Goodbye, Jacob."

With that Alice sped off down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We have to take a plane" I asked disbelievingly as we waited, I was holding Alice's hand.

"It's faster than running" Alice explained, I looked at my ticket, wondering where we could be possibly going.

"Italy?" I gawked "We're going to Italy?"

"It's where the VolturI live" Alice answered.

"What exactly is the Volturi?" I asked.

"They're an old powerful family-like royalty" Alice started "you have to understand, we Cullens are unique. It's... abnormal for so many of us to live together in peace. It's the same for Tanya's family in the North, and Carlisle speculates that abstaining makes it easier for us to be civilized, to form bonds based on love rather than survival or convenience. Even James's coven of three is large. As a general rule our kind travel alone, or in pairs. Our family is the biggest in existence, as far as I know, with one exception; the Volturi."