letter thirteen

sunday 6 (apr)

dear trevor,

granny is fast asleep in the living room right now. i can just barely hear steve harvey's voice through the walls. i should really be asleep but i just had a dream about you.

i dreamt that you and i never got back together again but you kissed me once more. it was very theatrical. we were in the rain, or maybe we weren't. i couldn't feel any droplets hitting my skin but i was holding an umbrella and a few strands of hair were wet and sticking to my cheeks and all i could really smell was rainwater against the hot pavement.

the sky was clear but when i looked up a little, i could just barely make out grey clouds retreating in the distance. but none of this mattered when you finally came into focus.

you hadn't changed-- and i don't you expect you to ever. you always had difficulty getting rid of a pair of pants that didn't fit you anymore. but that just makes me wonder how you got used to the change of girls by your side so quickly.

you looked the same, regardless. and i feel a little guilty for letting myself get giddy and actually smile at you. i've not smiled in your direction for a long time and although it was just a dream, i feel bad for letting my guard down.

i could see your lips moving before you took two steps toward me. then the familiar sense of warmth and welcoming enveloped me and i could only feel your sweatshirt around me until you stepped back again.

i'm not sure why all my senses fail until you're near. my ears perk up at the sound of your voice and i always, always look around to find you, no matter where i am. i guess i still assume you'll be there with me.

i woke up from my dream and it took a little while to realize that a few strands of hair were sticking to my face. only it wasn't rain that caused it.

from,

leslie

a/n: yayayay i'm back!!! still expect very infrequent updates but i hope you enjoyed this, although i'm not particularly proud of it. but that's why we edit!