School grounds

'Stupid, idiot, dumbass, god I'm so stupid' Stiles thinks to himself as he makes dinner. 'Why didn't I ask him for his number? I should have made sure that there was a way to contact him, unless maybe he doesn't want to. I mean, he did leave for a reason right? He probably wanted to leave us all behind. Make sure we were distant memories. But then he wouldn't have had send us those holiday cards and postcards. But maybe Cora made him do it.

Stiles groans and lets his head hit the kitchen cabinet. He's been having this thoughts the last three days, ever since that friday afternoon that they ran into each other and he can't seem to stop.

He looks over and sees his son playing with some police car toy that Lydia had given him for his birthday and turns his attention back to the spaghetti that he's making.

Ashton kept asking for his new friend ("where's the pwetty girl daddy?") and Stiles was really surprised that he got attached that fast, usually Ash is the shyest kid out there. Just the opposite of Stiles. Maybe it's because they're both wolves he thought. And talking about wolves he remembers that Olivia's eyes were Alpha red, was it because Derek is a born wolf and she was born with the alpha gene or was(is?) Olivia's mom an Alpha.

Does Derek have a new pack? He wonders. Did Derek join a new pack in the last ten years since he left Beacon Hills.

No. He's sure that Cora would've told them if they had joined a different pack. Just the thought of Derek(and Cora) being in a different pack make something inside him feel weird.

"Daddy?" Ashton tugs on his sweatpants. "I'm hungry. I want ice cream with sprinkles."

Stiles laughs and shakes his head. "That's for dessert little man. You have to wait until after dinner."

And while they're eating dinner 'I wonder what Derek is doing? Maybe he's eating too' He wonders before he groans and begs his brain to stop working.

~

"Wake up daddy! We have to go to school" Ashton yells jumping up and down next to him.

"Uugh. Five more minutes." Stiles says throwing his arm across his eyes.

"Dad!"

Fully wide awake now Stiles pretends he's still sleeping. He feels the bed dip from where Ashton's putting his weight on it and he can feel Ashton's presence. Knowing the his son is only a couple of inches from his face he suddenly opens go eyes and playfully lets out a growl and grabs the boy before he can runaway.

"No daddy! Bad." Ashton squeals trying to get away while giggling. "We have to go."

After a couple of minutes of him tickling and rolling around he picks up Ashton and carries him to the bathroom with him.

After they finish with their morning routine Stiles makes coffee for him and grabs an apple juice box for Ashton before grabbing all of their things and heading out to school.

Once they get to school Stiles parks his jeep (a different one because his dad said that Roscoe wasn't safe enough for a kid) grabs Ash's hand and starts to make his way toward the school when Ashton freezes up and looks around.

"What is it buddy?" Stiles tries to look around to see what's caught Ashton's attention.

"Stiiiiilles!" He hears before something crashes into his leg almost making him fall over. Not a second has passed when he hears her father yelling her name.

Stiles looks up and smiles. "Hey Derek long time no see."

Derek huffs out a laugh. "Hi, I'm sorry about her, she can't stay still."

Olivia's attention has already moved on and now she's trying to get Ashton to talk. He watches Aston open up to Olivia and that makes him smile. When he looks back at Derek he staring at him. Stiles feels his face heat up.

"What is it? Do I have something on my face?" He touches his cheek making sure they was nothing there.

And now it's Derek turn to blush. "No it's just that you have glasses on, you look....different."

"We'll I hope that it's a good kind of different." Stiles jokes.

"Daaad come on, we have to go to the office." Olivia stated pulling at her dads shirt.

"We have to go get my schedule!" She tells Stiles, her voice buzzing with excitement.

"Oh? What grade are you going to be in?" He asks.

"I'm gonna be in kindergarten!" She chirps.

"Cool! My daddy too!" Ashton tells them. His voice so full of pride that makes Stiles smile widen even more, happiness running through his system.

Olivia turn to him with her mouth side open. "You're in kindergarten?! But you're so old." She exclaims.

"Olivia!" Derek chided his daughter.

Stiles laughs. "I wish! but nope I'm actually a kindergarten teacher. Maybe if you're lucky I'll be your teacher."

"Really? That'll be so cool!" She seems to vibrate with excitement.

"You're a kindergarten teacher?" Derek's voice disbelieving, his eyebrows raised.

Stiles simply rolls his eyes and leads them to the office.

~

In the end Stiles had walked Derek and Olivia to the office after seeing that he was in fact Olivia's teacher he dropped of Ashton in his classroom, made small talk with his teacher and then walked back to his classroom with Olivia to get everything ready for class. The day went painfully slow luckily the class behaved and he didn't have to scold a kid for eating glue, coloring in books or trying to cut other people's hair with scissors. Nap time was of course his favorite part of the day and while everyone else slept Olivia helped him put a packet of crayons on each table. She seemed to be having a good time and seemed to fit right in with everyone.

In the end of the day Ashton's teacher walked him to Stiles class. Olivia helped Ashton put away the toys while they wait for her dad while Stiles picked up all the paper and crayons that were laid throughout the room. They were almost done when there was a knock on the door. "It's opened" he yelled not wanting to move from where he had thrown himself on top of a giant beanbag he usually sat at when reading story time.

"You look comfy." Derek's voice makes him turn his head and he sees Derek which makes Stiles instantly blush. He can't believe that Derek caught him lazying around.

"Heeey Derek." He gets up and fixes his glasses in place making sure that they weren't sideways.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." He walks and stands next to Stiles, leaning on the desk and Stiles had to force himself from thinking about Derek on that desk during a different scenario.

"I um.. I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

Derek's velvet smooth voice rings in Stiles ears, hypnotizing him. But then he catches Derek words and immediately wonders if something is wrong.

"Oh okay, what is it?"

"I-..well we.. Um Cora, Olivia and I were going to go out for dinner and I thought that..um maybe you and Ash would like to come with us." He looks up at Stiles and looks as if Stiles answer was really important, a hopeful look in his eyes.

Stiles feels as of there's a butterfly and bees convention in his stomach. Did Derek just ask him out?? Well it wasn't exactly a date since Stiles son was gonna he there and Derek's daughter and Derek's sister. So yeah maybe not a date. But the fuzzy feeling was still in his stomach.

"You don't have to come if you're busy." Derek starts but stiles interrupts him.

"What no we'll totally go. I just need to know the time and place." He finished giving Derek a small shy smile. And the smile that Derek's gives in return takes Stiles breath away.

Well as long as it's Derek that gives him CPR right?

(A/N)
~I know I'm writing Derek's personality differently from how he really is but I like shy Derek, I think that having a child can change a person..so yea :D