Dinner at the Diner

"No daddy put on the red one."

Ashton was helping Stiles choose which clothes to put for the dinner them and the Hales were going to have. In a way it was kind of sad that his four year old son had better fashion sense then him but that was probably because he hung out to much with Lydia and Isaac.

It was finally friday afternoon and Stiles doesn't remember ever being this nervous. At least not in a long time. A really long time.

Ashton was wearing a captain america with a small vest and black dress up pants that he had worn to Scott's and Kira's wedding. He was sitting on Stiles bed playing a game on Stiles phone.

Stiles turns back to the mirror in front of him and decides that yeah, it's a good thing that he lets Ashton stay with his pack mates sometimes.

He had thought about calling Lydia or Kira for help but thought better of it when he realized that he would have to explain were they were going and Stiles wasn't sure if Derek wanted anybody else to know where he was.

Checking himself over, again, he sneaks one last look at himself and decides he looks good. He looked over at the clock and mentally swore. If they didn't leave now they were going to be late. Lifting Ashton and lowering him on the floor he tells him it was time to go. He grabbed his keys, made sure he had his wallet and phone from Ashton and turns to check on his son. Ashton's is standing behind him with his stuffed animal on one hand and Stiles takes the other one and they walk out. Locking the door behind him he turned around and almost runs into someone.

"Hello Stiles." His neighbor spoke.

A shiver ran over his body but not in a good way. Nick, his neighbor was creepy as hell and Stiles was pretty sure that the guy stalked him but his dad had told him that without evidence the police couldn't do anything about it. Because apparently having a bad feeling wasn't enough.

"Heeey Nick." Stiles drawled out while automatically pushing Ashton behind him trying to keep him away from Nicks creepy gaze. He could feel Ashton's small claws digging into his legs and tries not to flinch at the sudden pain that it causes.

Nick. Nick is one of the other few supernatural that lived in town. Nicks grandma was half witch meaning that Nick shouldn't be a problem. His powers should be low enough not to cause any damage if he tried to cast a spell.

"You were late." Nicks says.

"What?" Stiles scrunches up his face in confusion, not understanding what the guy is talking about.

"Today, you got here about an hour later then usual." Nick says and yeah stalker status. Stiles really wishes that he could do something about him but he doesn't want to try anything in case it backfires and Ashton is thrown into danger because of it.

Stiles decides to ignore the comment not wanting to cause a scene in case any of his many nosy neighbors are watching so he makes his way to walk around him pulling Ash behind him making sure to keep some distance between Ash and Nick.

"Yeeeah. Umm okay we have some place to be..so yeah...we'll just be leaving" Stiles and Ashton are almost at the elevator when he hears footsteps behind him. He turns and watches as Nick follows behind them toward the elevator.

"Where are you going?" The creepy creeper who creeps asks him. "Is it a date?" He continues to follow them.

"Out." Is Stiles response before the elevator shuts and brings him and Ash down to the lobby.

~

On his way over to the family diner that they were supposed to meet up at Stiles keeps on checking his mirror making sure that Nick wasn't following. He knew that even if Nick couldn't work his magic on Stiles and his son that didn't mean that he couldn't still hurt Ashton and him in any other way. When it comes down to being monsters humans are just as bad as any supernatural being.

After a couple minutes of him and Ashton singing along to the radio and playing I Spy they finally get to the Diner. Stiles checks his phone and mentally cheers when he noticed that they're right on time.

He takes Ashton out and grabs a stuffed lizard that Jackson had given Ashton as a joke saying that it was so Ashton didn't forget him while he traveled back to London to visit his parents but it had actually turned out to be one of his sons favorite toys.

"Down daddy, down." His son says kicking his legs. Stiles flinches when Ashton almost kicks him on his balls.

"Okay okay." Stiles quickly puts him down before he gets kicked again. Grabbing his sons hands they walk inside and he look around to see if he spots the Hales.

"Stiiiles! Aaashh!" He hears Olivia yelling from the corner of the Diner. He smiles at hearing the little girls voice and has a sudden urge to run a hand through his hair and try to smooth down his shirt.

They quickly make their way over and before he knows it he's enveloped in strong arms. He hugs back and lifts her up a couple feet into the air knowing that it's Cora.

"Hi! Oh my god Stiles I can't believe it's actually you!" She grabs his face in both her small hands and squishes his face. "When Derek said they had ran into you at the grocery store I could barely believe it." Cora says after Stiles sets her back on the ground.

He looks down at her, almost half a foot shorter than him and smiles back.

"Hey baby Hale. What's up." He ruffles her hair which earns him a jab to the stomach that only makes him laugh.

"This is my son Ashton." He pulls Ashton from behind him and tells him to say hi.

"Aww, aren't you the cutest thing ever!" She bends down and squeezes Ash's cheeks. Ashton lets out a little yelp and runs to hide behind Olivia.

Laughing she stands back up and takes them to the table. Stiles sees Derek and he tries to hold down his blush and tries to keep his heart steady. 'C'mon Stilinski, you can do this' he chants to himself.

Derek looks up at them and send a smile his way that makes his heart melt and legs feel like jelly. He stands up and gives Stiles a hug making him freeze up for a second before he hugs back.

"Hey." He breathes out pulling back from the embrace smiling at the man and god, Derek was still smiling. It was something that he never thought would actually be aimed his way. "You're actually smiling, that so weird." He blurts out before he can't stop himself. And he can feel his eyes widening in mortification and for a second Stiles thinks he ruined everything by opening his mouth but then Derek starts to laugh.

"Still the same as always I see." Derek raises an eyebrow.

Stiles feels himself relax and shrugs his shoulders. "Can't say the same as you, I mean seriously you're laughing and hugging people, who knew you could actually do normal things." He playfully bumps his shoulder against the older mans.

Derek only chuckles and gestures at him to sit down so he takes a sit on the booth with Ash one one side while the Hales sit on the other.

(A/N)
~ am I the only person that imagines a person licking an afro when the read the word 'frolicking' ???