Little Stilinski

One week. He was going to have to wait almost a whole week until his date with Derek.

Okay it was technically his none date/friendly outing/friends reunion thing, but still.

It was the middle of the week and Stiles had seen Derek four times. In the morning when he dropped of Olivia and in the afternoon when he picked her up and since he actually had a job he had to do so that he wouldn't get fired he didn't have time to come up with some sort of excuse to talk to Derek.

After that Monday when he had invited Ashton and him to lunch he hadn't gotten the chance to talk to the older man. He has so many questions that he wants to asks. Like where did Cora and him go when they left Beacon Hills, all the places they have been to, about the lives they have now, about Olivia's mother, why he didn't say goodbye when they left.

~

When Stiles found out that Derek was gone he was in the middle of playing Mario Kart with Scott and Isaac when Isaac mentioned something about how Cora had texted him a picture of the California sign letting them know that they were out of the state. Stiles character crashed.

Apparently Derek had texted Scott about his plans before he left. Stile couldn't help but feel betrayed that One: Scott knew and didn't tell him and Two: that even after everything that Derek and him had gone through Derek didn't even say goodbye.

A part of him was angry that Derek had left. With the insomnia and even more sleepless nights that the darkness around his heart caused by the Nemeton he had a lot of time to think about...well everything. He imagined about all the places the the Hale siblings could be. He had looked at maps of the states around California and saw dozens of roads and paths that Hales could have had taken. He wondered if maybe they found a place to stay permanently. Maybe they found a place that made them forget about everything that they went through. Maybe they found new people that replaced everybody that they had left behind. Maybe they were happy somewhere and that thought made him bitter because here he was slightly losing his mind, fighting sleep to keep and nightmares away when Cora and Derek were off somewhere probably having the time of their lives.

But somedays he would put all the anger and bitterness away and he would understand. He understood the need to want to get away from memories. From that feeling. That undeniable feeling in the pit of your stomach, when you feel your throat close and your lungs burn that wants to make you claw at your lungs and find a way to simply breath. So yeah, he didn't blame them from leaving, for looking for something different. A new beginning.

The first postcard came five weeks after they had left. A month and a week. Thirty seven days.

The whole pack had gotten one. Scott's had a picture of some woods on front, Isaac's had a puppy, Lydia and Allison had matching ones and Stiles had a picture if a road. There was nothing but the long road with the sun setting in the background. While everybody talked about where they might be and passed their post card around Stiles had stuffed his in his backpack not bothering to check if there was something written on it. He did the same with the other postcards, he threw them on his desk not giving them a second glance.

At least not until five months later when he got more than just a postcard.

He had just gotten back from cross country practice when he saw a box on the counter next to a note that his dad had left saying he was going to come home late. He read the note and turned to the small box in front of him. It was addresses to Genim Stilinski and what? Nobody other than his dad,Scott and the school staff knew his real name.

He turned the box over trying to find a clue of who might have had sent it and found nothing. He brought the box closer and shook it but didn't hear anything. Later that night after sitting on his bed while staring at the box for what felt like hours he finally decided to open it.

He saw the red material and reached for it and took it out. He unfolded it and laughed when he saw what it was. It was a red t-shirt with the words I run with wolves on it and when he turned it around there was a photo of a wolf howling at the moon. He traced the wolves face with his fingers as if trying to absorb the image. Inside the box was a small piece of paper that looked as if had been torn off of a bigger piece.

It had five words. Only five words but it was more than enough, it let him know that they hadn't forgotten.

It reminded me of you.
-D

He took the note and ran his fingers on it. He looked back at the shirt and wondered how in the world Derek knew his real name. He thought about it and them remembered the postcards. He reached for his backpack knowing he had one in there and took it out. It was the one with the empty road on it. He looked over the picture almost as if trying to find a hidden secret on it. When he turned it around he read the words and a smiled pulled on his lips.

It's to quiet. Bet you'd go crazy here.
-D

Oh Derek, if he only knew the truth behind those words. Right now he'd do anything for some quietness instead of the constant noises and voices in his head.

~

Stiles laid on him bed looking at the glow in the dark stars that Ashton had insisted they put all over the apartment. He watched them while they faded until the room was fully black. He had been thinking about meeting up with Derek, Cora and Olivia and he wasn't sure if it such a good idea. Stiles had his own problems that he didn't want to involve them in but he wasn't sure if he could just pretend that he never saw them. I didn't help that Ollie was in his class and he would probably see Derek every now and then.

He rolled over and tried to get in a more comfortable position. After another hour of trying to sleep he got out of his bed turned on the lamp next to it and walked to his closet, he opened it and dug around until he found a box deep in the bottom. He took a shaky breath and opened the box. Inside were many letters, post card and more. He searched and found what he was looking for, he pushed the box back into the closet and took the object back with him and got into bed. Laying down he traced the words on the postcard and just like it did many years ago it helped him fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

(A/N)
~Sorry for not updating in forever but I'll update later today or tomorrow.

:D