Chap 2: Him

A knock on the door woke Aurora up. A fairly old lady, maybe in her late 50's entered with maid's clothing hung on her hand.

She gave Aurora a bright smile and greeted her a 'good morning'
Aurora returned the smile and stood up to ask her about the King just when she interrupted, "My lady, His Majesty is requesting your presence at his room. He also requested you to wear the maid's outfit. Wear it and I'll show you the way."

Aurora took the outfit from the kind lady's hand muttering a 'Thank you' and entering the bathroom to get ready. She took up a few minutes and made her way out to find the patiently waiting lady.

The old lady smiled at Aurora as she was absolutely beautiful, even in that outfit. They began approaching the humongous hallways in silence until the lady had asked, "What's your name, pretty thing?" she blushed at the comment and whispered, "Aurora."

"My! the name really suits you, Aurora. An innocent little one. You can call me Lisa, short for Elizabeth. I'm in charge of the servants and maids in the castle, you're the youngest one here now!"

Aurora smiled at Lisa, dimples poking her cheeks, "Nice to meet you, Lisa."
They approached what seemed to be the separated wing of the castle. 'The King's' she thought. As they came towards the central of the hallways, Lisa stopped and knocked softly on the double sided royal door.

"Enter." Aurora shivered at his authoritative tone and bowed her head simultaneously. Lisa opened the door in access for Aurora and was about to follow until the Alpha spoke up, "You may leave now, Elizabeth."

She shut the door behind her leaving the anxious Aurora alone in the presence of her King, her mate.
She shuffled her feet nervously as she heard the Alpha dragging his chair and approaching her, "Aurora, you may look me in the eye." he exclaimed.

Nervously looking up, she couldn't help but stare at his dark eyes, predator eyes. They were empty. "As we both know, we are mates." he announced, "But, no one will have to know that." Aurora's eyes shifted to the floor, in embarrassment. 'Of course no one would want a weak wolf. Especially not the King'

"You'll be working here as a maid just because my wolf isn't allowing your departure, but other than that, I'm not really interested."

Aurora felt her heart fall to the pits of her stomach. She wanted to scream 'Why' and as if he read her thoughts he spoke up, "I do not want a mate, they're a hassle, and I would never want one. I never had interest in your stay here and I would have rejected you the moment my eyes laid, but I do not need any headaches from my nagging wolf. Besides any desire for a mate, I do not think my Kingdom will be pleased to have a weak Queen, one that could easily be swept like a fly."

Aurora's eyes turned glassy as she tried her best to suck up her tears, "I- I understand, your Majesty." she whispered. "And as for the rules," he walked away giving his back, yet stopped in his tracks, "The first rule you should abide by is to not defy me."

Zeus turns to look at the epitome of perfection in front of his gaze. He approached his tiny Mate, towering her, power radiating from his built body, and ever so slightly whispered venomously "Ever."

Aurora shifted uncomfortably lowering her head further and stumbling upon her words "Y-yes, your Majesty."

"Second, you will not leave this castle, unless it's my order. Third, you will treat me like your King and not your mate. Fourth, do not come to think that you're privileged or any different from the other servants just because I am your mate. Yes you will not stay in the maid's quarter just because I don't want any suspicions on us as a result of any stupid action or slip of yours." he finished, but stopped for a moment and began again, "Ah! and just for the sake of my wolf not losing it and murdering the castle, do not tangle yourself with any other male."