Chap 5: A Faint Kiss

Aurora had fallen asleep on the cold floor and woke up extremely exhausted the next morning. She tried to lift herself up but was too weak and tired to even move a muscle. She was late to attend her duties, which had caused Elizabeth to knock on her door.

"Aurora? Dear? Where are you?" Opening the door slowly, Lisa gasped at the sight of the young lady panting heavily on the floor. "I'm sorry, Lisa. I couldn't m-move." She whispered. Lisa was quick to her aid and placed a hand on forehead. She hissed once her hand made contact with Aurora, "Aurora dear! You're burning up! I need to move you to your bed darling. Lift yourself up with me, please."

Aurora tried with all her might to be less of a burden to Lisa, tumbling as she made her way to the bed, "What happened yesterday dear? You haven't changed from yesterday's uniform. You did not come to take the new set yesterday. What happened?"

"I can't." Aurora croaked, gasping for breath. "Oh dear! I'll go get the doctor."
Lisa left in immediate rush to the doctor's quarters but she had run into Zeus on the way, "Forgive me, my King, but Aurora is not feeling well. The poor girl seemed as if she's dead." Zeus furrowed his eyes at the news, as he watched Lisa gallop down the hallways.

Before he even realized it, he was making his way to Aurora's room and was about to barge in before his hand restrained him from turning the knob. 'What am I doing? Why am I even bothered? Damn you wolf.'

He saw Lisa return with the Doctor hot in her trail, "Excuse us, Alpha." Doctor Zachary said breathlessly. Lisa opened the door to Aurora's room as Zeus stood by the door and watched.

His hands had balled up into a fist, so tight his knuckles turned white, with power enough to crush his own bones as he watched the Doctor undressing her and touching her.

"Fuck." He muttered and slammed the door shut before striding towards the pack's training arena with an unpleasant pit in his stomach

****
"How is that maid, Lisa?" Asked Zeus as he munched in his dinner, "Aurora, you mean?"

"Whatever her name is." Zeus snapped back, "She's much better than her previous state. Her fever decreased a bit, from forty point five to thirty nine, so she is still pretty exhausted." Lisa exclaimed

"She should be grateful she has you to stop me from throwing her out for lacking behind with her duties." Zeus said, chugging in his drink.

"That isn't very nice of you Alpha. Aurora is the sweetest girl alive." Lisa sighed

"I don't care." He scowled.

"If you didn't care you wouldn't have bothered asking about the girl. You don't normally notice a maid's absence. You do not even bother if they die. You were by her room when you heard about her ill being, my boy."

"Lisa." Zeus threatened firmly, "I only asked because I saw you rushing through the hallways, and as for now I'm holding back my nerves from throwing her out for not doing her job." He snarled back.

"As you say, Alpha." Said Lisa as she left without any other word.

*****
'What the fuck am I doing' Zeus thought to himself as he held onto Aurora's door knob. He twisted it open and walked in, shutting the door behind him, making the least possible noise. He noticed her slow rising chest and continued to look at her sleeping figure as he strode to her bed.

Sweat trickled her forehead and she furrowed her eyebrows together. Before Zeus realized it, he took a seat on her bed, and slowly began wavering his hand in front of her face.

He gently began tracing her creased forehead and wiping her sweat simultaneously, which resulted in her face relaxing at his touch, which Zeus had noticed, allowing a sense of warmth to overcome him.