Chap 4: Emotional Betrayal

NOT EDITED

"Are you okay?" Aurora asked a grumpy Elijah, who was passing through the hallways as she polished its floors, "Am I okay!? Me?! God that.." Elijah caresses his arse as he whispered the last part, "Can you believe it! Me! Elijah, The Pack Warrior was whipped on his damn arse! And damn that shit actually stings, even now."

He recalled yesterday's previous events and winced at the horrible time he spent at the chambers. "I swear the nerve of this guy! I told you he makes everyone grumpy! Look at me!"

Aurora tried to suppress a chuckle and hushed Elijah placing her fingers on her lips, giggling softly.

"Do you want another 50 lashes on your arse, Elijah? Maybe in front of the Kingdom this time." Aurora and Elijah had both jumped at the sound of the Beta's voice. He looked between Aurora and Elijah, then he had met with her eyes, "Aurora I suppose? Another little rebel alongside this one." pointing at Elijah, as he recollected the events that had occurred  at the dining table.

Leo scowled, "Both of you, I don't like either of you. And you, Elijah, you hadn't even been this bad, I suppose this girl has influenced you."

Aurora lowered her head, as Elijah was about to protest but was interrupted again, "I do not fathom why the Alpha took you in. We are already packed with servants and maids and he is already fed up of your attitude. His Majesty should just throw you out in the gutter for your ungrateful manners." He walks away and abruptly stops glancing over his shoulders, "And you don't even seem like a good fuck either." And with that he leaves, without a second to waste.

"I think the Alpha and Beta are fucking." Elijah blurts, causing Aurora to bursts out in laughter.

"Thank you." she murmurs to him, "For what now?" He grumbles.

"I know you said that to lift my spirit, and it worked." Aurora smiles.

"Yea sorry about them, they're not the nicest people around, but me and Elliot are! You can trust us." he grins

--

The rest of the day went by quickly as Aurora had almost finished her schedule; she just had one more room left. She walked through the hallways searching for the room until her eyes finally landed on them. Cracking the door open, Aurora's mouth gapes at the sight that is in front of her.

Shelves and shelves of endless books. Aurora's lips broke into a bright grin as her eyes reflected the heaven in front of her. She entered and closed the door as she began skipping and squealing, her eyes scanning the shelves in adoration.

Her face flashed in recognition as she slid her fingers against familiar books that she had read. "Finally." she breathed out, "Infinite books."

After endless hours of scrolling through almost all the books placed on one of the shelves, her eyes fell on an odd book cover; it was beautifully covered with dead flowers, ironically. Gently grabbing it, she gasped in acknowledgment.

Aurora had worked in the library before. The pay was not much but she enjoyed every bit of it. It was her little adventure. She had asked the manager for this limited edition book 'Petrichor' but he had only responded with sigh and how it was a rare book to find, which only made Aurora's heart fall in disappointment.

She was on cloud nine as her fingers grazed on the book and a grin never leaving her face, "Aurora!" she heard Lisa's voice originating outside the library.

Aurora quickly placed the book and pretended to wipe the shelves. The door opened and Lisa walked in, "Dear are you okay? It's almost midnight, your work was supposed to be done by nine." she asked worriedly, "I'm fine Lisa! Thank you. I'll finish in five minutes."