Chapter 4 - Redbeard's First Bath

“Redbeard!” Sherlock nearly shouted.

            Redbeard stood in the bathtub, drenched in water. He shook, soapy water transferring from his fur to the young boy’s clothing. Sherlock laughed as he pressed his hands against Redbeard in an attempt to stop him.

            “You are a mess,” Sherlock told his pet. “Aren’t you?”

            The dog happily wagged his tail, and Sherlock ran the water in the tub. Redbeard backed away from the water, but Sherlock pushed him under it. Redbeard shook again, and Sherlock covered his eyes, laughing.

            “Sherlock,” Mycroft stopped as he walked past the bathroom. “You’re making a mess. Mother will not be happy.”

            “It wasn’t me! It was Redbeard!” Sherlock told his older brother.

            “And who decided to bathe him?” Mycroft asked. “They are the real cause of this mess.”

            “You?” Sherlock said. “Mum and Dad as well. You lot told me he needed a bath.”

            “And right we were. The tub is basically mud.” Mycroft complained. “You do have plans for cleaning up, don’t you?”

            Sherlock rolled his eyes. “Yes, Mycroft.”

            “Good.” Mycroft turned to leave, but Sherlock stopped him.

            “Hand me a towel.” Sherlock said.

            Mycroft raised an eyebrow.

            Sherlock rolled his eyes. “Please hand me a towel, brother dear.”

            Mycroft picked a white towel off of a shelf and walked over to his brother. He held out the towel to Sherlock, who took it. As Mycroft turned to leave, Redbeard shook once more and this time drenched Mycroft. Mycroft gasped, and Sherlock fell on his back, laughing. Mycroft frowned at Sherlock as he sat back up.

            “That bloody dog.” Mycroft muttered.

            Sherlock ignored his brother and finished rinsing the soap out of Redbeard’s coat, grinning. Mycroft stormed out of the bathroom, muttering other insults to the dog. Sherlock didn’t care about the comments his brother made. He loved Redbeard, and he was the best friend he could ever ask for.

Sorry it is so short today! Writers block. :( 

Thank you for all of your support though. I'll try to update more frequently! xxx

–OH