Chapter 5 - Sherlock Takes a Walk

Sherlock looked down at his trousers, which were covered in mud. Redbeard had decided to take Sherlock for a walk.

            And Sherlock always thought it was the other way round.

            Sherlock folded his arms over his chest and looked down, narrowing his eyes at his dog, who sat in front of him, panting with his tongue hanging from the side of his mouth and his tail wagging at the speed of light.

            He looked so innocent.

            Sherlock tried to continue glaring at his dog, scolding him with just a look, but as soon as Redbeard stood up and jumped on his master, Sherlock let out a laugh, his back hitting the ground with a thud. Redbeard licked Sherlock’s face, making sure that not an inch of it was left unmarked. How could you stay mad at that?

            “Sherlock.” He was interrupted by Mycroft’s voice.

            Sherlock turned his head, and saw his brother’s figure standing next to him.

            “What do you want, Mycroft?” Sherlock asked between laughs.

            “Mother was worried when she heard you screaming, and asked me to check on you.” He said. He glared down at his brother, and shook his head. “And what a sight this is.”

            Sherlock laughed. “Redbeard decided to take me for a walk instead.”

            “And you let him?”

            “There wasn’t really much I could do.”

            Mycroft smiled. “Mother will be angry. You’ve ruined your best pair of trousers.”

            “So what?” Sherlock said, frowning as he sat up, Redbeard side stepping off of his stomach. “They’re just trousers. We can buy more.”

            “We just bought those.”

            “Well, buy more!”

            Mycroft shook his head with a sigh. “Sherlock, you need to learn to train that bloody dog of yours.”

            “I will!” Sherlock defended. “It will just take some time! I’ve only just gotten him.”

            Mycroft turned his back to his little brother. “Better sooner than later.” He walked back to the door of his home, and Sherlock turned to Redbeard, who gave him a lick on the cheek.

            Sherlock smiled, and stood up, grabbing Redbeard’s leash. “Come on boy, let’s run a bit more."

            Redbeard took off, Sherlock stumbling to catch up before falling and being dragged through the muddy yard once again, his laughter never stopping.