Chapter 27

Enjoy, my little chickens :)

Calla's POV:

The sight of pure money, was what hit me first.

Hundreds of people stood in a massive ballroom, all dressed to the occasion. Body guards lined the entrances. A live orchestra played music on the stage.

I continued to stare in pure awe.

Sinister led me through the massive room, people stared, apparently Sinister never brought women to events.

I watched him as we walked through the posh room. He wore a fierce dark face, and eyes that seemed to flash and glitter with savage laughter, his dark tousled hair was neat, yet not at all. All his movements were large and perfectly balanced, his steps were calculated, each one of his motions were made with complete diction and power.

He could have been a god himself, perfectly dangerous.

"Calla, I recommend not hiding your accent, I think it would set better among my people to know that I am with another Russian."

I nodded slowly, managing to tear my eyes away from him.

I was so nervous, my lips trembled as I allowed Sinister to lead me through the staring crowds of people.

"Sinister!"

I turned to see a young man approaching us, he looked to be around Sinisters age; in his mid twenties.

He was charming enough, with blonde hair and dazzling eyes, he was dressed smartly, and smiled at us.

He and sinister shook hands.

"It's great that you came, and with a date for once."

The man nodded at me kindly. I smiled a little, he totally roasted Sinister.

"Calla, this is Christian Jacobs."

I smiled politely, his name sounded familiar...

"Are you, perhaps, in any relation to the Jacobs weaponry corporation?"

He smiled, obviously pleased that I recognized his name.

"The very one." He nodded.

We continued to speak, our conversation was light and polite, drifting from simple conversations of wine preferences, to complex ones like arms dealing. I tried my best to not be annoying.

We were in mid conversation when we were suddenly interrupted.

"Sinister Velkov" a Russian voice boomed, I turned to see a man with dark hair and scary eyes, he stood six and a half feet tall, his stature towered over seemingly lesser men, he smiled a bleach white smile. I took in his tattoos that snaked around his arm, a Mafia symbol that I hadn't seen before was embroidered into his suit. Christian faded back, almost as if he didn't want to get involved.

Sinister seemed to freeze a little before addressing the man.

"Damian, pleasure." Sinister nodded politely.

"So formal, if we are to be business partners, why not friends?"

Sinister hesitated slightly, almost as if he didn't know what to say. Sinister Velkov always has something to say.

"The term friends is thrown around so carelessly nowadays, don't you think?" Sinister nodded, as if what he just said wasn't bitchy.

Damian smirked slightly, his lips tightening a little. "Very true, but this is a ball, it's the best time to make friends." At this, his eyes drifted to me, and holy fucking god I wish they hadn't. It was as if he was staring through me, his eyes grazing over me as if he had found something valuable, something he had no intention of letting go.