Chapter 24: Making It Work

I woke up to Ziggy staring at me from his position seated at the edge of the bed. He wore nothing but his underwear and a smile. "Good morning," he said with a coy smile.

"Good morning." I blinked, finally noticing the abundance of sunlight flooding in through the windows. Sleeping over was not the plan, and neither was waking up after he did. I wiped my eyes and the remnants of my mascara blackened my fingers. "Shit."

"Stop it, you look beautiful. This isn't the first time you've been in my bed, you know." That was true.

He handed me a mug filled with a foamy latte. I sat up to take it from him. Careful to keep myself covered with the sheet. He leaned in and kissed me softly. His lips tasted sweet and brought back detailed memories. I looked at him and realized I was still reeling from last night.

I took a sip to avoid stroking his ego with a compliment. "This is delicious. Thank you," I tell him as he continues to watch me.

"Of course." His grin perks up. "I'm glad you stayed."

I smile over the rim of my mug. "Me too."

We watched each other, our true thoughts hidden behind our cheesy grins, the words silenced by sips of oat milk foam.

My eyes drift over his body and I still couldn't believe how good he looked. If he didn't have the port scar near his left shoulder and the two surgical scars on his abdomen, it would be easy to forget anything happened to him. I hope he wore those scars proudly. He seemed to already.

"Do you work today?" he asked, tearing me from my thoughts.

"Yes, but not until tonight."

His smile darkened. "Good." He sat down his mug. "We have time then."

"Time for what?" I watched his teeth snag the corner of his sultry grin. I laugh, "Oh, God. Again? Already?"

"You should put your coffee down."

"I just woke up. What I should do is shower and spend time with a toothbrush."

"Put the coffee down, Sabine."

The playful tone behind his animalistic endeavor made me smile uncontrollably. It felt easy to be near him, comfortable now that there was nothing separating us any longer.

He reached for my mug but I pulled it away. He caught me by my wrist and took it from me with the other hand. When he turned to set it down, I moved under the covers in an attempt to weasel away. "Don't you dare try to run!" he said with a laugh.

I squealed as I tried to wriggle away from him, but he caught me by the waist, pulling me back to him. As I pretended to struggle, my ass brushed against him. I did it twice more just for fun.

He took my hip and pressed me against him. I felt his excitement. The laughter calmed when the desire began to win out.

As he placed kisses on my cheek, his hands began to explore. I reached behind me, rubbing my hand against him, feeling him harden in my grasp. Both of his hands slid from my hips to my chest, heightening my desire before one slid down between my legs. He caressed me gently, moaning softly into my ear as he delved a finger inside me. I was ready.

After a brief tease, he slipped himself from me and laid me down onto the pillows. When he went to grab a condom, I stopped him with a hand. "Do you need to use that?" I asked him.

"No. Do you need me to use it?"

I shook my head. He looked and me hungrily and tossed it aside.

He moved to my side, his hand cradling my head as pulled me into a kiss. Without a moment's hesitation, he turned my hips away from him and pulled them back. With my backside against him, I felt him at my entrance. I curled up my knees, lifting my top leg to rest against him. As he pushed inside me, I moaned against his lips. With a hand on the back of my knee, hitched my leg up and pushed himself deeper.