kiss you goodbye

Louis didn't understand why his mother kissed his head every morning when she dropped him off at kindergarden. He thought it was just a way of saying that she loved him but why every morning?  He knew this since she tells him every night after bedtime story.  So he decided to ask her why she did that.

"Mommy?" he asked, as they were standing in the parking lot infront of the kindergarden.
"Yes honey?" Jay turns to him with a smile on her lips.
"Why do I get kissies every morning? I'm only going to kindergarden."
"Well you see baby, mommy loves you very much and I say goodbye to you with a kiss because I want you to know that. A goodbye kiss is just for very special persons because you show then that you like them and want them to come back. And that's why you get a kiss."
"Oh...okay. Thank you mummy." With that he gave her a kiss on the cheek and ran off towards the playground. With a fond smile Jay went after him and carried his backpack with clean clothes since he's not very careful and falls often.
Louis ran towards her and tracked her in a hug before  grabbing his backpack and shouting a "goodbye mummy love you" in her direction as he joins the other boys in the sand box.
Jay smiles and leaves her son for the day.

~~ Harry came past late to kindergarden that day. They slept over at Anne's parents' and got home later than normal.
As the curly haired boy walked towards the changing room to put his backpack there he could see his best friend outside on the swinges. A smile made his way onto his face and he ran towards the older.

They played the whole day and as Jay shouted for Louis to say goodbye to Harry he hugged the smaller boy and ran towards her.   He stopped halfways, turned around again and gave Harry a kiss on the forehead. The giggle that left his mouth was enough to make Louis smile like a fool, whenever he remembered that moment.

Not really a kiss but I found it cute. Penny for your thoughts?