Chapter 4

Clay's pov (a/n ooohh snap)

It's been three months since Skye made her great escape. From me, this town, this school and the effects of Hannah's suicide.

I know what you are going to say which is along the lines of "wow Clay not everyone cares about that dead girl" but if you lived here in this town and went to this school, you had to care.

So what brings me to wonder about Skye, you ask; I stoped working at the movie theater and started working at Monet's, and now I'm looking at Skye's 'employee of the year' plaque on the wall.

I glanced over at the cash register and saw a girl who looked to be about a sophomore looking intensely at her phone. Her glasses were pushed up her brown nose, Her black hair was in a bun and Her phone was in her hands. I strided over to the cash register.
"Hi, so sorry about that wait, my co workers are at lunch. What would you like to order?" she looked up from the phone and looked at me dead in the eyes with a friendly smile.
"I would just like a dark coffee" she dug in her purse and brought out her money to pay.
"Ya'know my ex-girlfriend liked dark coffee too" I analyzed her taking in my name tag to get more of an id of me.
"Clay huh, that sounds familiar. What is your ex's name?" I put the money in the cash register and walked over to make her coffee.
"Her name was Skye, Skye Miller" I airly said.
"No way" the girl scoffed at me. "That's why your name seems familiar, I have been listening to your ex's podcast and she made an episode about you yesterday."

I looked up from the machine and looked the girl dead in the face. My hands began to shake as I handed her coffee to her.
"W-w-what did she say about me?" I stuttered, stuck in a trance. The brownskin girl rubbed the back of her neck and looked at the floor uncomfortably.
"I...you should listen to it for yourself, the name of her podcast is Stay Tuned In."
"Stay Tuned In?"
"Yeah it's a little catchphrase she says at the end of every little podcast episode."
"Huh...enjoy your coffee" the girl began to walk off. She smiled back at me
"Don't worry I will...Clay" with that, the girl was out of the door. Hmm Stay Tuned In, I pulled out my phone.
*****

Skye's pov
Previous day

"Have you guys ever been in love. I think I have before.Think. The sad thing is, my boyfriend-although he was and still is nice- was infactuated with this dead girl who had killed herself.

The girl's name was Hannah Baker.

Some of you may have heard of her before, she was that girl that killed herself and left behind 13 tapes to the people who had "killed her", well my boyfriend Clay, was one of the people she left a tape to and it seemed like he knew more about this dead girl than he knew about me.

I mean I don't even know how we got together, I just remember asking him if he was okay after everything had blown down and he told me no, thus that's where our relationship began. He was broken, and so was I. I had this idea in my head that we could fix each other... But obviously not, because Clay just broke me even more.

At first I think I was kind of okay with his weird obsession with this dead girl. I thought to myself "everyone deals with grief in different ways, so maybe he just is the type to become a bit infactuated; he will be over it in a little." but honestly he didn't get over it, he never did. I remember on a date he got me these flowers I was allergic to, they were hydrangeas and my lungs felt like they were closing up. I had to go to the hospital and while I was in my room he came and visited... I had asked him why he got me hydrangeas and not roses because I love roses, especially white, black or red ones and he said it was because "Hannah thought roses were cliche so I thought maybe you did too."

I had never been any more let down in my life. I told him to get out of my room because I needed space. I needed to think. I ultimately needed to forget what he had said and who he had compared me to.
When I got out of the hospital I told him I was okay, I was fine and that I would let it slide, because after all he was getting over a girl of whom he had loved and had almost lost his virginity to.

That brings me to my next thing; my virginity. You see I lost it to Clay which I will say was a mistake. You are supposed to have sex with someone you have a real connection with, and I thought that's what I was doing. Sadly it wasn't though.
*****

Skye's pov
4 months ago

Thudthudthudthud my heart was beating so hard.

Skin

The human touch.

Sparks.

My brain was barely working. Clay and I were a jumble of limbs and I could feel his hot breath on my collar bone. All of my black clothes were on the floor in a heap. We had been going at this for at least and hour, and I could say I was in pure bliss.
"I love you with all of my heart Clay" I whispered tearfully.
"I love you too...Hannah."

my heart and my body stopped moving. "Omigod I'm so sorry Skye" my eyes teared up but thankfully it was dark in this little motel. Clay had stopped moving too and now he was on his side looking at me, trying his best to catch my eye contact but I just looked away.

Play it off

Play.

It.

Off.
"What are you sorry about?" I could feel my insides breaking apart, piece by piece like a stepped on cookie.
"I said Hannah's name".
"Really I didn't hear that" lies, so many lies.
"Maybe I just thought it in my head then."
"Ouch"

Ouch. That hurt.
*****

Skye's pov
Back to the previous day

"...... You messed up Clay. Really bad.
Stay tuned in."

A/N
Hiya, seems like I was able to produce chapter 4 sooner than I thought, by like a lot. So the reads are steadily rising and it's made me so happy especially because someone voted on chapter 2. Like idk why but I feel like that is such an accomplishment. Guys I wanna say thanks for taking the time out of your day to read my book. Its gladly appreciated. And whoever voted on chapter 2 please say who you are, I want to give you a shout out. Well I should get back to doing real world stuff and writing chapter 5 which I will try to release at the end of next week. Ily guys so much

Otaku Shut-in out!!!!!
💙💙💙💙