Chapter 6

Olivia Baker Pov (Hannah's Mom)
Present day(refer back to chapter 5)

"...and for a moment I felt like I could beat this..."

Hannah.

It was Hannah.

I listened to the tapes ready eyed and tried to fight back tears but I couldn't because that was all destroyed once I heard my husband's helpless cry.
"Andrew how could this have all happened without us knowing?" he just gave me a shrug of his shoulders. "She was in so much pain and we just...we just ignored it and ignored her."

"Bryce you saw that I had clenched my jaw and you had to have seen my tears. Does that shit turn you on? But just like that I let go. My shoulders went limp and my legs fell apart. I knew what I was doing." a sob erupted from my mouth, it was loud and long and shook my whole body.
"She-she-she was raped?" Andrew asked sadly.
"Yes-" I choked on a sob that fought to get out.
"How?" I sobbed some more.

The next few days were a blur, we didn't know whether or not to listen to the rest of the tapes that were left or to just continue on like we had heard all of them.
*****

A week later

"I wanted you to come after me and when you didn't I was heartbroken"

The counselor had done it, he was the final nail in the coffin.

I slowly got up from my bed and picked up my pants and shirt from the chair beside my bed. I quickly put them on and nudged Andrew who had been napping beside me.
"Hey honey it's about five right now I'll be back by eight or so" I kissed him on the forehead.
"W-wait where are you going?" he groggily slurred.
"The school, I've got to confront someone." it was quiet while I slipped on my shoes and then Andrew mumbled out a: love you be careful. I rushed downstairs and grabbed the keys going outside to start up my car.
*****

After a 10 minute car trip because traffic was thick I arrived at Hannah's school.

I sat in my car for a few moments debating whether to go in or not and finally after deciding to not back down I slowly rose from my car.

I walked up to the doors and hung onto the handles wondering how many times Hannah had crossed this threshold and felt lonely and like she couldn't survive. I heaved them open and stepped into the hallway making my way to the office where everyone worked.

I peered through the glass wondering if anyone was there because the office looked dark and empty, so I knocked with urgency and waited messing with my sweater to pass time. I knocked once more beginning to feel discouraged. Suddenly a shadow appeared and I began to jiggle my leg getting a little excited. A tall dark man with a friendly but tired smile greeted me.
"Hello hi what's your name? Why are you here?" I scratched my head and held my arm
"I erm I need to speak to someone- whats- head your name?"
"Um would you like to come in ms...-"
"Oh m-ms. Baker, Olivia Baker"
I saw something register in his eyes, it seemed like a flash of pain or maybe even fright?

"Come in ms....Baker" I shuffled my way into the dark room and followed his lead as he took me to what I thought to be his office. He pointed to a chair and I sat down as he turned on a light. "Okay ms. Baker hello my name is Kevin Porter and I am the school guidance counselor." as soon as he said this my whole body shook.

"I was willing to give life a second chance"

"You...you!" he put his head in his hands and remained silent.
"I'm sorry" he said tearfully "I'm so sorry"
"Sorry isn't going to revive Hannah, please just tell me...why did you deny her kevin?...why did you turn her away?" he lifted his head up staring into my eyes. I took in his facial features and I realized how much her death had burdened him too. My eyes searched his looking for something, an answer maybe even an excuse but all I got was
"I... I don't know."
There was a silence where my mind just went blank.
A silence where I was just thinking of how hopeless my daughter had felt.

"You don't know?!!"

I howled. Anything would have been better than I don't know. I mean I could even pass for a I didn't know how to help her but that wasn't the case.

That's when I did it.

I had messed up.

I took the razor blades out of my pocket.

They were cool in my hand, and I felt like they would drop out of my grasp at any given moment but then I clutched on because the blades couldn't slip out of my grip now.

I lunged forward and sliced the counselor.

It was like everything began to move in slow motion after that. It even seemed like my soul left my body.

I watched from my conscious as I commited the worst sin. My hands kept moving, keeping the crimson blood flowing. I could feel my mouth moving as I screamed out words that made my throat hurt, but I didn't know what I was saying.

He was dead.

I didn't have to check his pulse or even look at him to know I had murdered him. With my whole body on autopilot, I slowly got up from his dead corpse that had managed to make it to the floor and I pushed open the door getting it bloody with my handprints and stumbled outside the empty office.
*****

I arrived home to find it empty with nothing but a note on the counter that said: had to take care of something at the pharmacy be back soon ~Andrew

My body didn't register any emotion though, the only thought that ran through my head was: where is the gun?

I liked around our room and found our lockbox. I opened it with a speedy urgency. After I acquired the gun I rounded up a post it note and a pen.

I killed someone. This isn't your fault. I love you.

I put it on my shirt and held the gun up to my head. The steel gave me shivers because it was so cold and also so scary. I imagined Hannah and Kevin and how she asked him for help while he foolishly turned his back.

And then... I imagined his corpse.
*****

A/N
Hiiii glorious readers of wattpad, sorry I was gone for so long I was both busy and I had writers block but I wrote up this chapter for you and I hope you like it.
****IMPORTANT GOES WITH STORY****
If you haven't put the puzzle pieces together (which is okay if you havent) Hannah's Mom has killed herself and her dad kills himself after seeing the mom dead because he can't live with the grief....that's fun lol (jk).
But I hope you come back for my next update
Stay tuned in!!!

Otaku shut-in out!!!!💙💙💙