Chapter 5

"So I heard on the news today that Hannah's parents killed themselves... It's a tragedy, I mean really... I guess they heard her tapes."

I stopped the podcast, wanting to just take a break for the day. I looked out of my window which gave somewhat of a view into the house beside mine.

I noticed a family moving into it and I looked as a muscular boy with ivory skin lugged a box into the house. I wasn't suprised when he opened the blinds and saw me at my desk being nosey either.
He looked at me and gave me a devilish smirk.

The boy was wearing all black and had a piercing on his chin like me. I waved back at him, and that provoked a wink. He lifted up his window and I did the same. 

"Howdy neighbor!" his voice was smooth and crisp like a perfect fourth of July day, he also had that country accent that most north Carolinians have.
"Hey, my name is Skye what is your name!" I yelled back, since our Windows where about 7 feet apart. (Sorry if the measurement is unrealistic)
"Gabriel but most call me Gabe!" he smiled again and I heard my phone behind me begin to ring.
"Sorry but I have to take this, welcome to the neighborhood Gabe! You should come over some time!"
"Okay...I will, good bye Skye!" I closed my window and picked up my phone.
"Hello who is this?
"Skye how could you put me in your podcast, I did nothing wron-" I abruptly hung up.

My phone rung again and I sent it straight to voicemail. I grabbed my coat, wallet and car keys. Dashing down the stairs. Brenard, my dad stopped me on my way to the door.
"Whoa little lady where are you going?" I bit my cheek.
"I need pads, it's that time-"
"Okay Okay go" he said nodding his head and backing away, his eyes closed in somewhat of disgust.
I dashed out of the house and got into my Mercedes, pulling out my phone to call Maddy.

"Hey get ready I'm going to be at your house in like 10 minutes, I need to go buy a new phone."
*****

"So tell me what happened again" Maddy and I were roaming the best buy store, looking for someone to help us but mostly killing time.
"He called and then wouldn't stop calling" Maddy stopped in the middle of the isle.
"Girl I know that part, I meant tell me about that hunky emo rebound that lives next to you" she laughed and looked at some of the phone cases beside us.
"I mean he is cute- like really cute but I-I need to focus on my podcast. And plus I need to figure out like how I'm going to get all of these trolls off of my back. Clay, Kaylia...just What about when I start talking about the others?" she looked me dead in the face.
"Boys are a good substitute to stuff like that, he can be your body guard, I mean I wish I had a man" rolling my eyes at her I found someone who was working at the phone counter. I quickly strided up to them.

"Can you help me someone keeps calling my number and I'd like to switch numbers or get a new phone so that doesn't happen anymore." I looked over at the boy who was probably mixed and had a cute man bun and glasses, he had hazel colored eyes and wore a big smile that showed off his black braces.
"So what's your name?" he said eyeing Maddy up and down thirstily.
"My name is sk-"
"No not you I mean your cute chocolate friend, what's your name lil mama?" Maddy played with her hair and grinned in a silly manor.
"Its Maddy and this is my friend Skye, hehehe." I rolled my eyes angrily and looked at his name tag.
"Devin I came here so someone could fix my phone, not because my best friend needs a boyfriend." my brows furrowed. He sheepishly scratched the back of his head and blushed.

"My fault my fault, now you said you wanted a new number?" I nodded my head quickly. "Aight so you don't need to get a whole new phone but it's gon' cost 'bout 20 dollars, that good Skye?"
"Yeah that's fine, I came here expecting to have to buy a whole new phone so that's great." so 15 minutes later I had a new number and so did Devin, and also Maddy left with something too; a date with Devin on Saturday night.
*****

Its been quiet; super quiet.

Clay stopped calling because he didn't have my new number, I didn't have to worry about Kaylia and this was all for the sweet price of 15 dollars.

Suddenly a noise bringing my attention to the window arose. I was a bit afraid because it was 11:30 at pitch black outside. I lifted my window up and narrowly missed getting hit with a small pebble.

"Oh gosh I'm sorry I don't have on my glasses right now" it was Gabriel and now he was in one of those really form fitting shirts that guys wear in the romance movies. I closed my robe as I had nothing on but a small t-shirt on under it and it was super cold outside because it was in the wintertime.
"Hi Gabriel how are you doing" I scratched my arm feeling kind of embarrassed.
"Hi Skye in doing pretty good just talking to a pretty girl, how about you?" I could feel my face turn red and I knew it wasn't from the cold air coming in my window.
"I uh..." should I lie? "My day was uh strange I guess, I had to change my number because of a stalkerish ex" Gabe laughed and pointed his index finger signaling that I needed to give him a second. Next thing I knew he was sitting at his window in a chair with a sketchpad in his right hand and a pencil in his left.

"What were you saying Skye?" I smiled, and then I laughed and I actually felt happy to be with a guy, happier than I had in a while. I continued to babble on about my day and he went and told me about his, soon we were both yawning and fighting off sleep and I decided it was time for me to finally go to sleep.
*****

A/N
Hiya peoples, hope your having a great day and if not that sucks and I hope it gets better. So as of right now at 9:34pm on Friday May the 12th I have 92 reads and like I'm really excited cause I'm 8 reads away from 100 reads and tbh I've never really had a story with almost 100 reads before. So thank you guys so much.

****NOW FOR THE SERIOUS STUFF
okay I'm sorry if you think this was a filler chapter, my bad but guess what? The next chapter is going to be on....Hannah's parents deaths!! I'm excited to write it so make sure you...
STAY TUNED cause the story is just getting started.