Chapter 8

Thanks for helping with this chapter
A-the-mystery
And thanks for the gorgeous cover leaving_forever

months later
Skye's POV

"Hey guys it's Skye...I know it's been forever since I've updated this podcast but I have a reason... A really good one."
*****

3 months earlier
"Gabe baby please! What could I have done better to keep you?! I'll do whatever it takes!"

how had this happened?

"If you want to do something how about you keep your legs closed Skye!" tears began to stream down my face. All I could think of was the feeling of Devin's hands in my hair, the smell of his coconut shampoo and the way his kisses felt soft and perfect.

"Baby you know that was a mistake!" I cried out.

 But...was it? Yes. It has to be a mistake, one that had cost me a boyfriend and a best friend.

We were outside and the clouds were grey and stormy; they seemed to have reciprocated my feelings. Gabe looked up at the sky and closed his eyes.

"Skye...what happened? w-why did that happen?" I looked at my fingers. We were at the park and it seemed like everyone had left because of the fact that there was getting ready to be a thunderstorm.

"I-I had to go to that...depression group after that podcast and talking about my dad because when I released it he...he called and threatened me and I got scared and sad. I started back cutting again...my mom found me bleeding out and I had to go to the hospital and after that the doctors said that I needed to go to support groups and... He was there." Gabe flinched because he knew who he was. "We had to work together on a lot because of the fact that we knew each other...and felt safe with each other. It was that night when I got home from group and you asked if I could come over and have a date night with you, when I...when I did it."

By now the warm streams of water had flooded down my face like dams that were overflowing. "Gabe I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I still don't." I reached out to touch his arm and he snatched it away from me.
"Skye, you did what you wanted and you got what you deserve... Why are you telling me anyway? You could have kept this to yourself."

I twiddled with my fingers. Crap.
"I-I wasn't feeling normal and I took a pregnancy test. I'm pregnant. The baby is his." there was this eerie silence, one where I began to question how Gabe was going to lash out.

  Is he going to hit me?

 Will he yell at me?

 Why is he so...

silent?

"Be glad you drove yourself here, because I'm leaving." he walked away from me. First the distance between us was 5 feet, and then 10 and then 15 and finally he was gone.

Thunder rumbled

The tears on my face kept flowing

The wind picked up speed

Then the rain began to pour

down on me...on us.

I rubbed my stomach and cried. The rain was cool against my skin and it began to get heavier and heavier. I pulled out my phone and dialed Devin's number. I sniffled as he picked up the phone.
"Hello?" he answered sleepily
"Devin can you come and get me." I said crying.
"Oh shit Skye are you okay? Wait one second where are you? I'll be there really quick."
"I-I-I'm at the park"
"Okay I'll be there really quick, be careful. I love you Skye."he hung up and I cried even more.

I regret nothing. I don't regret the sex. I don't regret the baby. I don't regret losing my best friend or my boyfriend; because he said those three big little words. 

He loves me.

******
Present day

"I'm pregnant. Don't worry my parents know and Devin said he is going to stay with me. I know I know, I got off really easy. Parents that love me no matter what and a boyfriend that does too. I'm lucky. So... This is probably my last podcast. Thanks for listening to me for all of this time guys. For the sake of tradition, stay tuned in. "
*****

3 weeks later

"Want to get some coffee babe?" I said looking at Devin with a sparkle in my eye. He smiled at me and kissed my nose.
"Sure baby but make sure you get some tea or something, we don't want our little baby-"
"Girl" he chuckled
"Hah, you wish, boy you mean, getting hurt because of caffeine" we laughed and he put his arm around me.

"Excuse me" I looked around and saw a random woman who looked to be about early 30s and pretty with brown hair and glasses. I smiled at her
"Yes?" she put something into my hands and I looked down at it. The item was a big yellow envelope with my name on it.
"You've been served Skye Miller." she ran off and I looked behind at her. Devin looked at me with a concerned face, us both wondering what the envelope could be holding.

We walked into the Starbucks and he opened the door for me. I went and saved us a table asking him to order me a strawberry tea.
I sat at the table tearing through the envelope. Devin came back and sat down.
"Baby what's wrong?"
"Fucking Clay. He is suing me" I said holding up the papers.

IMPORTANT AF A/N
Hiya my people's I know it has been like 5 million years but tbh I kinda got uninspired after the lack of reads on chapter 7 if we being honest, so I kinda stopped updating. Well guys

This is the end

Yup, this book is over. Thanks for all the reads, I had no idea I'd get this far so thanks for all of my dedicated readers. I love y'all so much. Look out for my new books and fanfictions.
I LOVE Y'ALL

OTAKU SHUT-IN OUT!!!!! 💙💙💙