Chapter Six

Bittersweet Chapter Six

Hearing Zac, Liz looked up and her eyes widened. She could tell from the look on his face he was pissed and he had every right to be pissed. He had just found her in California with Taylor. She knew this looked very bad for her.

Zac glared at Liz when she looked at him and he just shook his head at the shocked look on her face, "Surprised to see me Elizabeth?" he asked using her full name. "What about you Jordan?" he asked turning to look at Taylor.

Looking at his brother, Taylor swallowed hard, "Z...Zac," he stammered as he chewed on his lip. "This...we aren't on a date," he said shaking head trying to clear the air before things escalated quickly for everyone. As he looked away from Zac, he raised an eyebrow as he spotted Liz's sister Andrea standing in the entrance.

"Oh then how about telling me what this is then?" Zac asked shooting Taylor a glare. "Why is my wife in California, eating dinner with you?"

Liz looked down as she stayed silent. She knew she should probably say something but she chose not too. She didn't want to get in between the middle of Zac and Taylor's argument, or well more like Zac's argument.

Taylor sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "I asked her to come here because I have some business meetings. I just wanted a friend I could bring," he said knowing his words sounded pathetic. "So I went to your house and invited her and the kids along as well as the nanny. They would be here too if your nanny didn't hate me."

Zac raised an eyebrow at Taylor's admission of being at their house. He had been in Tulsa? Turning to Liz he felt his nostrils flare some, "He was in Tulsa?" he asked his wife, feeling hurt that she had kept that from him. He had told her about running into Andrea but she couldn't tell him she had seen Taylor.

Looking up at Zac, Liz nodded, "I didn't know until yesterday," she said knowing this still looked bad towards him.

"Before or after I told you she was on tour with my band?" Zac asked pointing towards Andrea who was still at the entrance.

Liz followed his finger and swallowed hard as she saw Andrea. She hadn't seemed to age a bit since she last saw her in 2002. "Before," she whispered scared of what Zac would do now.

Zac laughed bitterly and just shook his head, "It's nice to know only one of us knows what honesty is in this marriage right now," he muttered before turning and exiting out of the restaurant quickly.

Liz looked at Taylor and sighed, "I have to go after him," she said as she stood up and ran past Andrea on her way to go after Zac who she saw heading towards the elevators.

Making it to the elevators, Zac reached out and pressed a button, waiting on the doors to open. As he stood there he turned and watched as he saw Liz coming towards him, "I really don't want to talk to you right now," he said hearing the doors open and he stepped onto the elevator.

"Yeah, well tough," Liz told him as she stepped onto the elevator with him. Seeing him press the button for the third floor she smirked. "You are going to have too because we are going to be on the same elevator going to the same floor," she shrugged as she crossed her arms as the doors shut.

Zac heard her and sighed, "You're on the third floor too?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

Liz nodded and locked eyes with him, "Why are you so mad I didn't tell you about Taylor?" she asked him as she chewed on her lip. She was sure she knew the answer but she wanted to hear him say it.

"Do you really have to ask me that Liz?" Zac asked as he stared at her. She should know why. She should know he didn't trust Taylor just like she didn't trust Andrea.