Chapter Seven

Bittersweet Chapter Seven

Liz sighed to herself as she stood on the hotel roof. Three days had passed and it was the last night in California for everyone. Zac and his band went back on the road and she went back home with Eleanor, the kids and Taylor.

Chewing on her lip she ran a hand through her hair. She wasn't sure why but she was nervous. As if these last few days with Zac and trying for a baby was the calm before a storm that was raging. A storm she had no clue how to be prepared for.

"Liz," Taylor said as he came to a stop beside the woman on the hotels roof. "I..umm figured you would be with Zac," he said looking over at the brunette.

Liz turned to look at Taylor, "He fell asleep not too long ago," she informed him. "I couldn't sleep so I came out here to think," she said as she frowned. "I'm sorry by the way. I mean that he is ignoring you," she laughed. She knew Zac was still somewhat pissed at Liz for not telling him about Taylor and also for coming with Taylor to California, but instead of taking it out on her, he was ignoring Taylor and taking it out on him.

Taylor shrugged at Liz's words, "I'm used to it with him. Have been for nine years now," he nodded knowing this was Zac to him. This was the boy who still hated him after nine years. "I'm sure you can understand where he is coming from though. I mean I'm willing to bet you haven't talked to Andrea yet."

At the mention of Andrea's name, Liz rolled her eyes, "I have no reason to talk to my sister," she snapped not meaning too. "She ruined whatever relationship she and I had when she went after you," Liz said this time a little bit nicer.

"I'm actually surprised to see her alive actually," Taylor mused as he looked away from Liz. All he could remember in his head was what Andrea had told him two months before their affair started. The thing that had caused them to grow closer, caused him to feel sorry for her.

Liz raised an eyebrow hearing Taylor's words, "Why is that?" she asked unsure of why he would think Andrea wouldn't be alive right now.

Biting his lip, Taylor looked back at Liz, "Because, two months before I slept with her she told me she had cancer, in the last stages of it actually," he muttered, running a hand through his hair. "I guess I should have known it was a lie like everything else she said but, I just didn't want to believe it," he frowned. "Who lies about having cancer?"

"Obviously my sister," Liz replied feeling disgusted by this new information she had just found out. "And you never told me this why?" she asked wondering why Taylor never told her. Maybe if he had known sooner that she was lying he wouldn't have cheated.

Taylor thought her question over, though he knew he didn't have too, he already had an answer. It was just a really pathetic one. "She told me not too. She said she had refused to get treatments and would tell you, your mom, and Rori in her own time," he revealed as he offered a half-smile to Liz. "I have officially been played by your sister."

Nodding in agreement to his last statement, Liz laughed, "It happens to the best of us," she said before checking the time on her watch. "I should head back inside before it gets too late to get any sleep at all," she faux yawned before walking away from Taylor. "You better get some sleep too," she called before going inside.

Getting to her hotel room, Liz used the key card to get back in and then she went to the bag that held her night gown. Grabbing it out she took it to the bathroom where she changed quickly. Flipping the light switch off she left the bathroom and climbed into bed with Zac, her arms sneaking around his waist and her head resting gently next to his shoulder.

"Liz," his voice broke the silence of the room, though he was keeping silent as not to wake the kids. "Where were you?" he asked as he turned his head and looked at his wife. In the light bit of moonlight coming through the room Zac could barely make out her eyes staring back at him.