Chapter Thirteen

Bittersweet Chapter Thirteen

Zac chewed on his lip as he waited at the airport. He still had one more month left on the road but there had been a week long break which thankfully happened to fall around Jude's birthday and he had flown into Tulsa to come to the party which Liz planned to throw tomorrow. His arrival would be a surprise to his wife and kids.

"Zac," Taylor said as he walked over to where his brother sat in the airport. Before last month when Zac screwed up they hadn't been particularly close but now it seemed like Zac was using him to get information on Liz and the kids because Liz was ignoring all of Zac's phone calls. "Sorry I was running late," he sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "I had to take my date back to her house."

Hearing Taylor, Zac shook his head and stood up, "It's fine," he smiled as he stood up and grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. "At least you showed up."

"True," Taylor laughed as he walked out of the airport, feeling Zac following behind him. "I mean, I did think of leaving you," he joked as they walked to his car.

Zac rolled his eyes at Taylor's joke, "Funny asshole," he said as he fake glared at the back of Taylor's head. "Really fucking funny."

Shrugging Taylor unlocked his door when they made it to his car, "Yeah, I actually thought it was funny," he smirked as he opened the door and got in, buckling up.

Zac got in the car and buckled up as well, falling silent as Taylor drove off. "Can you umm drive me home?" he asked knowing he told Taylor on the phone yesterday that he would let him know where he wanted to stay. He knew the kids would be in bed my now but Liz would still be up.

"O...okay," Taylor said as his voice faltered when Zac mentioned wanting to go home. He was half wondering if he should tell Zac now that Liz wasn't there or let Eleanor do it when Zac got there.

Zac smiled when Taylor agreed and he just looked out the window, going silent as Taylor drove to his house. He was starting to get worried now on how Liz would react when she saw him but then again he was also glad to be seeing her face to face. Maybe they could work some things out in their marriage. Come to some way to work through him letting Andrea give him a blow job.

When Taylor finally pulled up to his house, Zac got out of the car, grabbing his bags and shutting the door not even offering Taylor a goodbye. He just wanted to get in and see Liz again. He needed to see her again.

Going to the door he laid his bags down and reached in his pocket for his keys, unlocking the door and letting himself in. "Liz?" he called out trying not to be too loud since he was sure the kids were probably sleeping now.

Eleanor who had been in the kitchen cleaning up the mess from dinner, froze when she heard Zac. She guessed Taylor hadn't told him that Liz wasn't home. That Liz had went out to dinner with another man.

"Fuck Taylor," she muttered under her breath as she wiped her hands off on the dish towel and left the kitchen, almost bumping into Zac along the way.

Zac stopped as he almost collided with Eleanor in the entrance way of the kitchen. Looking at her confused he raised an eyebrow. "Liz isn't home?" he asked knowing it was almost midnight. Where the hell could she be at this time of night?

Eleanor blushed a deep shade of red at Zac's question. "Liz is sort of on a date," she confessed as she avoided Zac's gaze.

"A date?" Zac asked feeling confused, his eyes gazing over Eleanor's face. Her cheeks were red, redder than her hair right now. "Like a girlfriend date that she has with Sara from time to time?"

"No," Eleanor answered as she shook her head. "She's on a date with a guy from Jude's play date group thing," she frowned as she moved past Zac and went into the living room. "He's a single dad named Tristin. They have been talking for the past two weeks."