Chapter 4

Chapter 4

The rest of the holiday passed in a blur. Luke and I kept hooking up in secret and Olly seemed to forget that one morning. The end of the holiday came all too quickly.

Luke and I had to leave a couple of days earlier than the rest of our families as we had a school trip, celebrating our final year of school which was leaving a couple of days before school started, meaning we got to miss the first couple days of school. Our parents were invited to a wedding in San Francisco, so it made sense that they stayed there extra couple of days.

So we could have the most time at the beach house as possible Luke and I were going to fly back to LA and meet the rest of our year at the airport. Olly had agreed to drive Luke's car back to LA to make this possible.

I sighed as we boarded to the airplane.

"What's wrong Soph?" Luke asked as he showed our ticket to the air hostess.

"Nothing," I lied as I followed him down the thin aisle and to our seats.

"You might as well tell me because I will get it out of you sooner or later." He said matter-of-factly.

"Nah you won't Mr Confident," I smirked, Luke had always been over confident.

"Yeah you're right because I already know what's upsetting you," Luke responded, a cocky smirk plastered on his face.

"Oh and what is upsetting me then?" I giggled.

"You're sad because you know when we get back to LA we will have to stop hooking up." Luke said simply.

Damn, how did he know me so well? I quickly shut my open mouth and gulped before I answered, hoping I had hidden my reaction, "Wrong." I shrugged.

"I don't even know why you bother lying to me Soph; I'm your best friend" he smirked.

"Shut up," I said narrowing my eyes at him and turning to look out the small, oval shaped window as I could feel heat rising to my cheeks.

"You don't have to be embarrassed," I jumped slightly at how close Luke suddenly was. His breath tickling the hairs on my neck, "I'm going to miss our little arrangement too." I could tell he was smirking by the sound of his voice. I shivered as he placed gentle kisses from my neck to my collarbone. I span round in my seat so I could face him. I smirked when I saw Luke's eyebrows rise in shock,

"Well we only agreed to end it once we got back to LA?" I giggled raising an eyebrow. "So we might as well make the most of this flight then?" I continued as I slipped my arms round Luke's neck just as the engines roared into action and we sped down the runway.

"Definitely," Luke responded, his lips crashing down on mine.

"Luke," I giggled pushing at his chest but he kept pushing himself towards me an adorable smile plastered on his face.

He pressed his forehead against mine and pecked my lips once more.

"Wanna go to the bathroom?" I asked, a smirk playing at the corner of my lips as Luke's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. I flicked his mouth closed with one of my fingers, making sure to leave into on his chin a second too long. "Don't want you to catch any flies now, do we?" I whispered, trying to be seductive.

I slowly stood up, trailing my finger a long Luke's arm as I walked towards the bathroom. He bounded after me an excited grin on his face as he pushed me into the small cubicle,

"I've always wanted to join the mile high club," Luke winked at me before crashing his lips onto mine.

"Excuse me, is everything okay in there?" I clamped my hand over my mouth as I burst into a fits of giggles.

"Um yes. I will be out in a minute." Luke coughed, trying to stop himself from laughing. I buried my face in Luke's chest, muffling my laughter.

"What are we going to do?" He whispered into my ear, making my heart rate pick up at how close he was.

I just shrugged and flicked the door unlock.

A blush instantly formed on my face when I saw the long queue of passengers waiting to use the bathroom. I didn't realise how long we had been in there. I pressed my face into Luke's shoulder as we did the walk of shame back down the aisle and back to our seats. All passengers' eyes were on us.

"Shit, that was embarrassing," I muttered, as I rested my head in my hands, trying to hide my face from the amused glares of the people surrounding us.

"It was worth is though," Luke chuckled just as the captain announced our landing.

I sank back into my seat, sighing. I hated to think that Luke and I's arrangement would be over. Even though the whole thing seemed kind of twisted I loved spending the time with him. Just his touch made my whole body tingle and I knew I wouldn't be able to get the last hour we had spent together out of my head for a very long time.

"Sophie!" I heard my name being called. I spun round to see my other best friend, Emily, charging towards me her arms open wide. I smiled as I dropped my bag and sprinted towards her. I hadn't seen her most of summer as she had spent time with relatives in Canada.

"OMG! I have missed you so much! How was your summer? Was the beach house good? I am so excited about this school trip! Can you believe we are going to England? How is Luke? OMG he looks good!" She squealed just as Luke stopped beside us, placing my bag at my feet. He casually slipped his arm around my shoulder as he said,

"I always look good Emily," his cocky smirk formed on his lips.

"But I look better," I added, giggling as I punched Luke's chest playfully.

"So anyway, how..." Emily started but I couldn't concentrate as Luke leaned towards me, his lemon scent immediately taking over my sense, and whispered,

"Yeah you do look better." I gulped as my eyes flicked towards him. However, I didn't have a chance to respond.

"So, I'll just leave you two to flirt and I'll talk to you later," Emily stated once she had cleared her throat to get our attention.

"Wait!" I called, grabbing her arm and pulling her round to face me. "Sorry, Luke was just being Luke. What were you saying?" I asked as she linked her arm through mine and led me towards where the rest of our year was gathered whilst telling me all about her 'summer of love', her words not mine.

Luke came and stood next to me as the teachers started to explain what to do if we got separated from our groups. He smoothly slipped his arm round my waist and I pressed my body against his, loving the feel of his toned chest against my side.

Once the teachers had finished talking the group of students started moving towards the check in desk. We followed the teachers through the airport until we arrived at the departure lounge where we split of into smaller groups so we could sit with our friends.

I managed to trade my way into sitting next to both Emily and Luke which I was happy about seeing as the flight from LA to London was over ten hours.

"Do I have to sit next to you?" Luke whined as he followed Emily and me up the all too familiar aisle. I felt my cheeks burning up as I thought about the last time I was on a plane and was thankful that Luke couldn't see my face.

"Well you could probably trade your ticket and sit next to Madison," I smirked, turning to face Luke so I could see his horrified expression.

Madison Henderson was one of Luke's many adoring fans. She had had a crush on him since middle school and always tried to work with him in everything. Luke disliked her. He hated how she always tried to flirt with him; always practically throwing herself at him. I think that's why he liked me so much; I was the only person who could tease him back. I was the only person who didn't turn into a blubbering mess if he so much as looked at me. Well I used to be.

"Actually I think I can manage. I mean how bad can ten hours with you be?" He continued, winking at me as we took our seats.

"I'm so tired I could sleep standing up," I whined as Emily struggled to open the door to our hotel room. "Why did dinner have to drag on for so long?" I continued as Emily finally managed to open the door.

"I know. I feel like I haven't slept in days!" Emily exaggerated as she collapsed on to her bed.

We had arrived in London a couple of hours ago and I was shattered. I fell back on my bed and texted my mum while Emily used the bathroom.

Once Emily was finished, I quickly changed in to a pair of pyjama shorts and a baggy t-shirt before brushing my teeth and wiping my face clean of make-up. Just as I climbed into my comfy bed there was a quiet knock on the door.

"Not me!" Emily muttered quickly as she buried her head in her pillow.

I sighed as I slipped out my warm bed and walked across the cool carpet and to the door. I cracked the door open, squinting slightly at the bright corridor lights, and frowned when I saw Luke standing there.

I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him into the room. I quickly dragged him into the bathroom before shutting the door and turning the light on.

"Someone's eager," Luke smirked as I pulled myself up on to the counter.

"I didn't want to disturb Emily actually, some of us are trying to sleep," I sighed, before continuing, "So what do you want?"

"I was thinking," Luke started as he moved closer to me and stood in-between my legs. "We're not back in LA yet," he finished as he bent down his lips millimetres from mine. His eyes searched mine for approval.

I sighed, should we really be doing this? I know it was fun but in the long run would it just make everything more complicated? We already got teased endlessly for being so close. Even our parents thought we would get married one day.

My heart started racing as he continued to move his lips closer. His eyes still searching mine for an answer. I gulped knowing what I was going to do. I knew it wasn't the right thing but I couldn't help myself. I wasn't ready for this to stop now.

I nodded slightly and that was all he needed. He captured his lips in mine, his hands tangling in my hair. I moved mine to his waist, arching my back so my chest pressed against his. I moaned quietly as his lips found my jaw and trailed kisses down to my collar bone. My grip on him tightened as my legs tightened around his waist. I needed him closer to me. One hand moved to the back of my neck while the other moved to rest against the cabinet which my head was rested against. However, he must have misjudged the distance as his hand crashed into the cabinet making a loud thump.

Luke jumped back from me; we both froze. Both waiting for some sort of reaction. But there was nothing.

"What the fuck was that?" We jumped as Emily barged into the bathroom.

"Um," Luke stumbled, I had never seen him lost for words before, unless you count that time at the beach, but apart from that he had always had some comeback.

"Luke was dancing," I smirk, knowing that Luke would have to go along with this lie to avoid Emily becoming suspicious.

"What?" Both Emily and Luke say at the same time.

"Yeah he was showing me this dance he did to try and get this girl so I could see what he did wrong," I giggled. Luke would definitely be mad about this later. Not only had I made fun of his dancing, which he was weirdly proud of, but also I had knocked his ability to get girls which he prided himself in.

"Wow never thought I would see the day where Luke O'Conner couldn't get a girl," Emily giggled, smirking playfully at him.

Luke narrowed my eyes at me, "That's only because I was trying to impress Sophie," he countered, obviously trying to get Emily to feel sorry for him.

I giggled knowing there was no way Emily would believe him. His argument didn't even make sense, why would he try and impress me, then ask my how he could have improved?

I turned to look at Emily when she didn't answer.

Her eyes were wide and her mouth hanging open. Her eyes were shiny, looking like she was almost about to cry.

"Um... Emily?" I asked, my eyebrows pulling together into a frown.

"I can't believe you finally realised Luke. I mean everyone knows that you've like Sophie for ages now but I never thought you would actually admit it. I am so happy for you guys. Everyone knows you are perfect for each other!" She squealed, her eyes shining with delight.

What the fuck?

Did loads of people really think we were perfect for each other? I know some people thought we were secretly dating but I didn't realise people talked this much about us behind our backs. And what did she mean it was obvious that Luke had a crush on me.

An awkward silence dragged on as Emily just stared at us happily.

I knew from one glance at Luke that I would have to be the one to break it. He we completely speechless for the second time today.

"Emily, Luke was joking. I wasn't the girl he was trying to impress, he doesn't like me. Right Luke?" I stated trying to sound confident.

"Right," Luke mumbled very unconvincingly.

"Sophie, I need to talk to you for a minute," Emily muttered, not bothering to wait for my answer as she dragged me out of the bathroom. "What the hell are you doing?" She frowned.

"What?" Now I was completely confused. How had a joke about Luke dancing turned into a situation about Luke liking me?

"Don't get him to deny his feelings for you! Isn't it obvious, he is completely and utterly head over heels in love with you!" Emily half shrieked and half whispered to me.

Was Emily right? Was Luke really in love with me? If so this situation just got a whole lot more complicated.

AN: Hey guys, so here is the next chapter. Hope you liked it! It's a bit longer than the previous chapter as I know I promised longer more interesting one, which I hope this one is.

Also this update is early so hopefully I'll be able to do one more update while I'm on holiday before going back to uploading every Saturday/Sunday.

Please comment and vote J

As usual, sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes.