Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Sophie's POV

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I sighed as I stood opposite Luke outside my door. Luke just nodded reluctantly in response.

"I really am sorry about everything Luke. I over reacted," I commented.

"It was my fault. I don't know why I acted like I did," he apologized.

"Shall we just both take part of the blame?" I chuckled. A couple of hours ago neither of us had been willing to admit it was our fault. However, now we were admitting that it was both our faults.

Luke laughed and nodded as he leaned towards me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I snuggled into his chest breathing in his familiar lemon scent which I had missed so much over the past day.

"I really missed you Soph. I know that sounds stupid because we only didn't talk to you for a day but it made me realise just how much you mean to me. I love you so much Sophie and you make every day so much better. This sounds cheesy, I know, but no one understands me like you do. I mean it's just the little things like our jokes that only we understand or those all the things you do to make me smile. I really mean it Soph, you are the best friend I've ever had and I don't want to lose that."

I couldn't hide the smile forming on my face as the words left Luke's mouth. He really was so damn sweet.

I couldn't help myself. I knew I shouldn't. But as he said those words all these unexplainable feelings flooded my body. I took a step closer to him, which really wasn't necessary as our chests were still pressed together from when we hugged. Slowly I slipped my hands up around his neck and tangled them into his hair. I moved up onto my tip toes until our lips were barely a millimetre apart.

"You mean everything to me Luke," I whispered, my lips brushing against his making them tingle. Lust flashed across his eyes, so I slowly closed the tiny amount of distance.

His lips met mine and fireworks seemed to explode between us. Electricity flew through my body as I pushed my body into his. He turned me slightly and pressed me against the wall, his hands resting either side of my head. I couldn't help but moan as our bodies crushed up against each other, which caused him to smile against my lips.

I needed him closer so I wrapped my legs around his waist and arched my back slightly. His hands instinctively moved to my ass.

This wasn't like our normal kisses. This wasn't like any kiss I had ever had before. This was different. Very different.

My whole body was vibrating with need. There wasn't an inch of space between us but somehow I needed him closer.

I had never needed someone so much in my life and it scared the hell out of me. This was Luke my best friend. My best friend since I was seven. I shouldn't feel like this. I wasn't meant to feel like this. I wasn't meant to feel like he was everything I needed. He was the one that I wanted to see in the morning when I woke up. He was the one that I never wanted to stop kissing. He was my everything.

It was in that second that it all came flooding over me. It suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't understand how I hadn't realised before. How had I been so oblivious to my own feelings? How had I not noticed I was feeling this way?

It all seemed to make sense now. The reason why I was so reluctant to stop our arrangement. The reason why I loved his touch so much. The reason why every kiss seemed to send sparks through my body. He was the reason. My best friend.