Chapter 2 : The School Council Are Weird

. . .

"So glad you could make it our little puppet~"

You looked in confusion to the authorative voice, filling the room.

He had his chin propped up in his hand, an amused smirk playing across his face.

"What do you mean by puppet?" you hated the way they said it, as though you were completely below them.

You frowned as he chuckled.

"Exactly that princess. You'll be our puppet." You cringed at his little names for you, Akiro who seemed oddly happy about the whole situation.

"I'm not being anyone's puppet thanks." You stated, turning around to the door and attempting to pull it.

It was locked.

You felt an arm snake round your waist and walk you away from the door.

"Why are you leaving so soon? We haven't finished talking yet...how rude. Council members need to treat each other with respect."

You were too shocked by how Akiro had gotten to you so quickly to notice he'd sat you down on the chair across from the others.

Your heart thumped loudly in your chest, you were trapped. You decided you could just listen for now until you found a way out.

You looked over as one of the guys cleared his throat, standing up.

"My name is Akihiko. I'm the face of the council. You already know Akiro, he told me he paid or your lunch. The blonde is Karama, the blue is Sousuke, the redhead is Takashi."

You heard a light cough beside you and jumped in surprise. His quiet presence meant you hadn't noticed him sitting beside you.

"Sorry, this is Pluto, he decided to come today since he knew of your arrival." The pale hair boy sighed and shook his head.

"It's not normal that we have a new person arriving to join, of course we'd all be curious." Pluto glanced at you at the last part, his mouth forming a firm line.

Akihiko's fixated on you. "(Y/n) will be of great use to us. We need someone like her in the council. She will be a great contribution."

Akihiko opened the folder sitting beside him. All that could be heard was the loud music expelling from Takashi's headphones and the pages being flicked through by Akihiko.

You pulled out your chair and sighed, earning a sharp look from Karama sitting across from you.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I don't want to join your council. You didn't even ask me, I also should get going since everyones probably left by now..."

You trailed off as silence fell over everyone, Akihiko had stopped flicking through the pages and Takashi's music had stopped. Everyone but Akihiko's eyes were on you. You suddenly felt the air grow tense.

"You can leave, but we'll make you join so there's no point refusing." Akihiko pushed his glasses up and met your stare, you felt the tension grow thicker as you stood up.

"I...uh...should get going! I'll think about it though I don't think I'll be of much use to you." You chuckled nervously as they watched you shuffle to the door.

Almost out...

You gripped the door handle and attempted to open it again, to your great relief it was open. But as you went to step out, a sudden hand tightly around your arm, preventing you from leaving again.

You looked up at the intimidating person looming over you. Akihiko's face was centrimetres from yours. All you could think was how had he gotten over to you so quickly?

"Dont forget this." He held his hand out to you, revealing a silver badge with the shape of a moon in the centre.

You hesitantly picked it from his hand. He smiled and crossed his arms as you put it in your pocket.

"Uh...bye?"

"See you tomorrow (y/n)."

You hurried away, running out of the oddly empty school. You didn't dare to glimpse back. You could still feel their eyes burning into your back as you ran down the soundless street.

Nope. Big nope.

It was quite dark. You hadn't noticed the amount of time that had passed while you were there with them. The school days at private school already lasted into the late afternoon, but you hadn't expected it to be so late.

I'd better get back before my parents' worry.

Akihiko's POV

I watched out of the window as her figure could be seen running hasitly out of the building.

So amusing...

I stifled a chuckle and ran my hand through my hair.

"I don't understand why you like her so much, she seems normal to me." Takashi deemed, placing his headphones to sit on his shoulders.

"Her aroma was rather enticing." Sousuke breathed, smiling as though to recall the scent to capture it again.

"Didn't you sense it? She's perfect. We finally found the final member for our council."

·:*¨༺ ♱✮♱ ༻¨*:·

(Y/n)

Your trusty butler closed your curtains in your room. You were currently sitting at the end of the bed in a breathless state after the previous sprint home.

Never again.

You misjudged the distance to your house by far, but once you had started running it felt wrong to suddenly stop, so you kept going until you reached the front door.

Luckily your favourite butler Sebastian had secretly opened the door for you so that you wouldn't be questioned by the other butlers.

"Is there a reason you're so late coming back Miss (y/n), or should I not question it." He said as he helped to tuck you in.

"I had a...club that kept me back, and I hadn't realised the time." You felt relief wash over you as he nodded understandingly. He wouldn't question you further.

"Okay, I'll believe you. But try not to be late again, I would feel the most responsible if anything were to happen to you." He sighed, brushing your hair from your face.

You had known Sebastian from a young age. He was a tall man in his twenties, with jet black hair and incredible posture. His family consisted of the top trained butlers, and he was personally assigned to you by your parents.

You looked to him as an older brother. He was always protective of you and was there when your parents were away on business trips.

You maintained a better relationship with him than any of the other staff at your house, and that would probably include your parents too.

"Okay," you mumbled. You smiled at his warm touch, shutting your eyes as they grew heavy.

"You did miss dinner...shall I bring you some dessert before you sleep? I made your favourite." Normally, you wouldn't refuse Sebastian's handmaid desserts, but today's events had left you exhausted.

"I'll be fine, thank you." You guilt at the look of concern and decided to added, "...just pack it in my lunch tomorrow."

He nodded again, crossing his arm over his chest with a bow.

"Have a good rest, my lady." He whispered.

You listened as he exited the room, shutting the door quietly behind him. You immediately heard your phone buzz to tell you you've received a message.

You squinted at the white screen and quickly lowered your brightness to read.

A message from a person calling themselves 'UNKNOWN.'

Your eyes widened as you read the message.

'The competions already began, there's no escape now.'

__________________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
┊ ⋆ ┊ . ┊ ┊
┊ ┊⋆ ┊ .
┊ ┊ ⋆˚         
✧. ┊         
⋆ ★