Chapter 4: Cursive Is Difficult To Read

You hurried up the stairs despite your aching legs. All you could think was 'why me'.

You were forced to abandon your books to make the journey a little easier up the tall building. It was sad to say that you were certain it had taken you longer than the average person, but you excused yourself after sprinting home yesterday.

If this continued, at the very least, the school council would be responsible for your incredible fitness by the end of the year.

You could probably join track.

Ugh...Maybe if I had joined a club first before meeting these guys, this all could have been avoided...

You were breathing in heavily as you reached the top and bent over immediately to place your palms on your knees. You could only admire the strength Takashi possesses to be able to do that on a daily basis.

You opened the door and squinted from the light. He was nowhere to be found, but you could hear the faint music expelling from his headphones.

You followed the sound and realised it was coming from above. He was laying on his back on the higher base, but from where you were standing all you could see was parts of his fluffy red hair near the edge.

You gave yourself a moment before walking over to the short ladder and began climbing until you were standing next to him. His hair fell over his eyes to where you couldn't tell if they were shut, and his expression appeared relaxed. He had his top few buttons on his shirt undone and seemed to be enjoying the gentle breeze and warm, golden rays of the afternoon.

As you stood longer, you could see why he enjoyed laying here, but quickly understood how awkward it would seem to him to see you standing over him staring.

You faked a cough. "Um, Takashi? Akihiko sent me."

He didn't move. "You...we're late for a council meeting?"

Again, there was no response. You let out a sigh and turned away, not wanting to disturb the guy any further. But you suddenly felt yourself being pulled down beside him your wrist. You turned red as you saw that you were leaning on his chest with your hand on his lower abdomin for support.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"Shut up."

You were quite taken aback by his words. 'Who did he think he is?' - was all you could think. Even with his rude greeting, the grip didn't loosen.

"You shouldn't grab people."

"You were watching me." He retorted, and you felt yourself curl up inside with embarassment. "I...Akihiko sent me here to get you for a meeting." After you said Akihiko's name he went silent, there was a long pause before he clicked his tongue.

"Akihiko pisses me off..." he murmered in frustration, you looked to his face as he brushed his hair back and sat up with you, his eyes finally met yours. His golden eyes were cold, you felt the need to look away but you found yourself staring in a trance...just like you had with Ayato before.

His reaction quickly snapped you out of it. He raised a brow. "You really got a staring problem, huh."

You scolded yourself for acting so awestruck. Yes these guys were attractive, but it didn't mean-

"These guys?...You mean the school council?"

Oh no. You had spoken out loud.

He looked at you in a way you almost couldn't describe, like you were the weirdest person to ever grace his view.