1

Castiel woke up on a hard motel bed his stomach rumbling, I will never get used to having to eat he thought to himself dropping his head back onto the pillow and closing his eyes. His bladder alerted him to the fact that he would have to get up soon, he was lucky really Dean had made him his own credit card and ID so he could buy food and get hotel rooms like this one. He had used the can of spray paint to ward the room from angels and put salt down to keep demons away. He opened the fridge and took out a half eaten burrito to finish. He looked over the messages on the cell phone Dean had given him hoping for something from either Dean or Sammy. His sigh was clear indication that there was none waiting he was desperate for some communication even just the touch of another human. His thumb scrolled over Dean's name on the contact list as he pondered what he would say if he phoned the number. "I have nothing to say." He said aloud. He had no idea why Dean had made him leave the bunker, he just wanted somewhere to call home.

"I need to find a reaper, the ones that do the cabbie thingy so they can break me into heaven." Dean said aloud to the girl on the front of his copy of Asian beauties. He had picked the copy up 5 times already today but his mind was just too distracted to enjoy it, he wanted Castiel back in the bunker safe from harm. His mind had also been with Charlie, she was a big girl but he still worried about her there was no way for him to check up on her.

Dean had spent the best part of 2 weeks with his nose hidden in books, he had barely eaten nor had a winks sleep, he needed his best friend back and wanted to find a way to restore his grace. After all of his looking he had managed to find one article about it in a very dusty book. The way for a an angel to get back his grace is to steal it from the person who has stole it in the first place. Dean had four books under his bead written in a language he could only assume was Enochian and he hoped that once Cas was back in the bunker he could take a look hoping that one of these books contained a way to fix the mess Metatron had made.

He wanted to text Cas and tell him he had found a way to fix it but the thing was so dangerous he didn't want to tell Castiel. He worried if he explained it to Cas he would never let him go through with the procedure. If Castiel knew that Dean had to die to get his grace back then he would stay human forever.

The spell separated the soul from the body leaving it free to enter heaven with a reaper but he had to make a deal with the reaper and then he would only have 24 hours to find Metatron and steal back Cas's grace. If he failed he would be dead forever. He had to do it for Cas his little Cassie, he was so fond of the other man that kicking him out of the place the other day had broken his heart, he wanted this to be Castiel's home as well as his.

Dean knew that for the spell to work he would have to send Sam away on a case so that he didn't find Deans lifeless body, he couldn't tell Sammy either. He also needed to make sure that Castiel was at the bunker but not back too early if he found Dean laying dead in the bedroom he might run or call Sammy of worse. Dean knew everything Castiel had ever done was to protect him and he loved the angel for it maybe even too much but now he was human and very emotional. Dean was terrified that something like that could endanger the other man.

He looked over the ingredient list one more time scared about the outcome, he wrote a letter to Sammy just in case he didn't make it back and he wrote a letter to Cas, he wanted the other man to know that if he didn't make it then he would be watching over his cute butt from heaven and would kick that same butt if he ever did anything stupid. He text Cas and told him to get to the bunker for noon tomorrow and come in to wait in the library, he then sent Sammy a text with some coordinates on it so that Sammy could chase a spree of demon attacks on the other side of the country. Satisfied that both parties had been informed of their instructions he started mixing the spell ingredients.

He set his watch straight so he knew what time he needed to be back and read the words to the spell taking one last look around before sipping the potion and laying down.