04 | UNDER MY ROOF

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

Edythe leapt onto an unsuspecting Harvie Clearwater's back as she walked into lunch,laughing easily as he tried to turn to see who it was. Harvie laughed and brought her over to her chair and dropping her down. Edythe rolled her eyes at her good friend."Oh come on H,you're no fun."She whines but turns around and snags Jack's apple,which sits by itself,not touched and would never be had it not been for Edythe.

Patrick came into the cafeteria and walked to their table,sitting in his seat,which was a claimed one next to Edythe. Edythe smirked at Patrick and he grinned in a mischevious manner."What?"She asked,taking a bite of the green apple."The new girl,Jane Volturi,she's so cool."Patrick spoke in his normally quick voice. Edythe cocked an eyebrow and gave a grin.

"She's living with me."Edythe stated and everyone's heads turned to Edythe."What?How did I not know this? Do tell."Patrick ranted, and the red haired girl chuckled softly. "Shes a foreign exchange student from Italy. I'll tell you all more when we are alone."Edythe told the group,glancing about the cafeteria with weary eyes. Everyone in the group nodded,understanding why she couldn't tell them here.

All three of her friends were highly aware of the supernatural world. Harvie was a shapeshifter himself,he got this ability from his mother, Leah Clearwater. Patrick,Jack,Renesmee,and Edythe all grew up together. Patrick had the werewolf genes from his mother but they never took affect,and Jack was raised in the Bloom household so she was well aware of all of their secrets.

Renesmee strolled over to the group and Edythe smiled brightly."Hey Ren!"Edythe greeted,happy to see her twin at lunch,which was an anomaly. Renesmee was more of a reader in the library than a eater in the cafeteria. "Mee!!"Cheered Patrick,pulling the girl onto his lap. A vibrant blush creeped up Renesmee's face,and she groaned lightly,pushing Patrick slightly. And yet she didn't go to get off his lap, seeing as Patrick had started braiding her hair.

Renesmee and Patrick were always the closest of the bunch,it was as if they were stuck at the hip. Renesmee had a tendency to follow Patrick around if she wasn't doing her own thing,and vice versa. Harvie and Jack were die hard PatMee shippers,and Edythe knew it would probably not work out. Renesmee was imprinted on by Jacob,and imprints not being in love was nearly unheard of. But Edythe knew,mainly because Renesmee told her,that the brunette was not in love with the russet skinned wolf who had imprinted on her,and stollen her future.

Edythe yawned,and rested her head on her hand,leaning against Harvie who had taken a seat next to her. "Hey guys,you wanna come over after school and work on Mrs. Chants project together?"Edythe asked,nuzzling up to her best friend. "Nah sorry. I'm partnered up with Naomi."Jack says,and turns slightly to look at the small girl across the room,who sat alone,reading a book. Naomi liked to be alone,but when she didn't want to be she was often apart of the friend group.

Naomi,a white haired girl,glanced up at the feel of eyes on her and smiled lightly to Jack,waving and standing up. She tucked her book in a side bag and walked over. "Hey guys."She said,her deep voice a sweet sound."Hey Nae."Jack said,pulling a chair from a different table and putting it next to her so Naomi could sit. The girl took a seat and nodded to everyone around the table. She glanced at Patrick and Renesmee with a knowing look and smirked easily at them.

"What we talking about?"She asked,crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair. "Everybody's going to Nesmee and Ed's place after school to work on the project. You wanna come with or do you still want to work at your place?"Jack asked and Naomi smiled."Yeah I'll come,I haven't been very social with you goofballs in a while,so why not?"Naomi hummed and everyone at the table grinned.

Patrick finished braiding Renesmee's hair and began asking around the table for a hair tie. Naomi,thank the gods for Renesmee and Patrick,handed one over and Patrick tied Renesmee's hair and smirked. Edythe grinned lightly."Looks awesome,Ren. You should do mine too,Pat."Edythe stated and Patrick grinned lightly,patting Renesmee's back. Renesmee stood up and sat in Edythe's seat.

Edythe went and sat in Patrick's lap and the boy began to do a simple braid down Edythe's back,unlike Renesmee's more elaborate one. Edythe liked simple though,so that's how Patrick did it. Afterwards,Edythe and Renesmee traded spots again and Edythe finished Jack's apple. Edythe yawned,leaning against Harvie and letting her eyes flutter shut. She was at ease with this group of oddballs,and she'd never let herself fall asleep anywhere else in such a situation.