07 | THROUGH HELL TO HEAVEN

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

Edythe was normally a rather chipper girl,sarcastic,yes,but sweet and bubbly at the same time. But the day after Harvie left,all Edythe wanted to do was scream at the top of her lungs. The night before for Edythe was dreadful. Harvie confessed his love and left. Edythe cried so hard she passed out in Jane's arms,and Jane took the half human girl home,laying her in her bed and kissing her forehead tenderly. Edythe woke up the next morning with a terrible headache,and her normally soft brown eyes were pitch black.

Edythe got out of bed,dressed in pyjamas by Bella the night prior,and walked to the big house quickly. It was a rainy Saturday morning,and Renesmee was sitting on the couch,watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S with Jacob and laughing softly. Edythe went into the kitchen and dug through the fridge,unhappy with her findings. Moments after groaning and plopping down on a stool,Esme came into the kitchen to save the day.

Edythe gave a soft smile to her grandmother,and set her head down on the counter."What would you like to eat,Little Dove?"Esme asked,and Edythe turned her head to the beautiful woman and sighed."I don't really know. Something sweet."She mumbled,and Esme gave a soft smile."I know just the thing."She hummed,and Edythe turned her head back downwards,resting her head on her arms. Esme moved through the kitchen with confidence and fluidity. Her pale,petite hands worked quickly on the girls breakfast,well brunch,it was 11:00. When she was finished,she placed the plate in front of Edythe with a soft clink.

Edythe sat up,and she moaned softly."You're a genius,Es."She said,staring down at a plate of waffles covered with whipped cream and strawberry slices. Esme grinned,giving a click of her tongue and winking at the messy haired girl before leaving the kitchen. Edythe,the kind who ate her feelings instead of starving them away,dug into the plate and scarfed them down. They were truly amazing,and in those few minutes she was in bliss. When she was finished,she walked over to the sink and cleaned her plate,along with all of the other dishes. No one asked her,she just had a strong need to do something.

When she finished cleaning the dishes,she found herself in the laundry room,folding clothes and towels. And when she finished that,she lay down on the couch,head resting in Renesmee's lap and legs draped over the arm of the couch. She yawned softly,and fell asleep there. When she woke up,she was in Alice's bed,and it was 1:00 pm. She got up and decided she looked rather terrible. Edythe took a long,soothing bubble bath that smelled of lavender and rosemary.

Afterwards,she found herself rummaging through Alice's closet,trying to find a decent outfit for the day. She found a soft pink sweater and a pair of black leggings and got dressed,going downstairs when she was done. Everyone was gone,and a note on the living room table confirmed that they were out hunting. A soft knock on the door was heard and Edythe got up from her place on the center of the couch and went to answer the door.

At the door stood Jane,blonde hair tucked in a ponytail,golden red eyes surrounded by eyeliner,and dressed in black. She entered the home once Edythe moved to go back inside."Hi."The bronze haired girl stated a little awkwardly,and Jane gave a soft smile."I came to see if you were feeling any better."Jane said,not even saying hello. But Edythe didn't mind. She sat down on the couch,crossing her arms and leaning back,placing her legs in Indian style and looking back up at Jane.

"I'm better than I was last night. I'm not going to mope around because he's gone though. I won't change my life because he had to leave."She muttered,staring Jane directly in the face,not flinching back or looking away. There was a comfortable silence in the air for a long moment."Did you love him?"Jane asked quietly,breaking the silence. Edythe,whom had been staring at the wall,flicked her eyes back to Jane,who was staring at her feet."I don't know. I never really thought of him as more than my best friend."Edythe said,turning back to stare at her lap.

Jane glanced up,the tenseness in her shoulders that went unnoticed by Edythe loosened, and she internally sighed. "Alright. No more sad talk."Edythe said,breaking the second silence between them. Jane gave a soft chuckle and went and sat next to Edythe."So..."Jane said,staring at the wall. She didn't notice that Edythe had been staring at the same spot,both sets of eyes focusing on a speck on the wall. Edythe laughed softly,and the dark pitch of her eyes turned back to a warm brown,the process slow and steady. "Hmm. We should ask questions or something? I don't really know, I'm just trying to make conversation,you know?"Edythe rambled,looking back at Jane. Jane snickered and smiled kindly."Alright, I'll go first. Hmmm."Jane said,clicking her nails against her leg."I know your sister has a power,but do you?"She asked.

Edythe gave a smile in return to Jane's and shook her head."No. I'm glad I don't though. It makes me seem less of an anomaly."She hummed,not bothered by the question."Do you have a power?"Edythe asked,eyes light with wonder. Jane smirked,a dance of evil in her golden red eyes."Yes. I do. I'd show you but I might hurt you."Responded the pale blonde girl. Edythe raised an eyebrow in wonder."I'm not very into the pain theme,so I'll just have to see it some other time."Edythe said,and burst into a fit of laughter at her joke. Jane laughed as well,and the two couldn't seem to stop. The other vampires in the Cullen Clan entered the home,staring quietly at the two girls who were laughing together, leaning against each other's shoulders and grinning wildly.