08 | RENDEZVOUS IN THE RAIN

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

The next few days were dull for Edythe. She had returned to her normal bubbly self,seeing as she had started texting and calling Harvie to make up for the last few days. Even so,nothing exciting was happening. Jane had left town for the week to give a 'status report' on the Cullens,and would be coming back Friday. Edythe was dying of boredom,but Renesmee was having to make terrible decisions. Jacob found out that Renesmee was in love with Patrick,and the drama in their love triangle was enough to keep Edythe far away unless she was needed by her sister.

Jacob was jealous,like crazy,and Patrick just wanted the drama to go away. Renesmee was so confused because she was conditioned to love Jacob,her imprint,but she didn't. Edythe's knew the outcome of the love triangle,Renesmee would get with Patrick because she loved Patrick,and she didn't love Jacob.

All week,it rained hard,and at one point,there was a flash floods warning on Wednesday. Edythe found herself outside,sitting in the rain,late on Friday. Her brownish red hair was tied up in a loose ponytail and she was wearing a crop top with shorts. She was soaked all the way through,but she sat in the middle of the back yard with her eyes closed and legs crossed in Indian style. She was trying to meditate,something her teacher told the students to do today.

Bella,worried,had tried to get Edythe to come inside. But Edythe didn't want to,and Edythe usually got what she wanted. As the sun dimmed and began setting,Edythe only noticed that the ran was slowing down,drifting gently over her paled skin. Edythe,deciding it was about time she went inside,let her eyes flutter open. In front of her stood Jane,soaked through her clothes,staring gently down at Edythe with brilliant red,gentle eyes.

Edythe grinned and stood up. It wasn't hard to tell that Jane had been standing there for a while,maybe an hour or two. "Hi,welcome back."Edythe said and a soft smile spread across Jane's face."Thank you,Edythe."Jane said,and the two went to the door. Sitting on the porch was two sets of clothes and towels,and Edythe laughed,calling out a 'thank you' and picking up the towel. Edythe dried out her wet hair and began to undress there on the porch.

Jane's eyes widened,and if she could Edythe would think she was blushing. Edythe laughed softly, and Jane turned around,flustered. Edythe pulled on the black jogging pants and bright red sweater and tapped Jane's shoulder. Jane turned back around to look at Edythe,smiling in an embarrassed way. Edythe chuckled lightly,and handed the second towel to Jane. The blonde girl dried her hair very slowly,and Edythe shook her head,laughing. She took the towel from Jane,sighing at the centuries old vampire,and began drying her hair.

Emmett and Edward watched from the window,Emmett laughing his ass off and Edward smiling softly at his daughter,but Edythe and Jane hardly noticed. The red head finished drying Jane's hair and threw it onto the bench,handing Jane the clothes laid out for her and turning around to give her privacy. Jane dressed herself in black leggings and a loose black sweater,and the two girls went inside,Edythe laughing softly at Jane.

Edythe sat on the couch next to Renesmee,who was sulking because of Jacob and Patrick. Jane took a seat next to Edythe,leaning against the arm of the couch and watching almost lovingly as Edythe spoke to Renesmee softly. Bella was sitting on the chair next to the couch,watching her daughter's lovingly,a soft smile on her face. Edward stood behind her,hand on her shoulder as he did the same. Esme and Carlisle sat on the bottom steps of the stairs,Esme leaning into Carlisle and watching the way Jane was staring at Edythe,no malice in her dark red eyes. Everyone was happy today,except the Volturi all the way in Italy.