11 | FLIRTING WITH DANGER

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

As the days dragged on while they waited for the Volturi to decide their fate,Edythe and Jane became closer. They shared little kisses when no one was looking,and they smiled at each other like they had finally found what they had been missing. Two days before the Volturi arrived,they went on their first date,unaware to the fact that it would also be their last. They watched a movie and Jane watched more of Edythe than anything else.

As the movie edged on,slowly becoming boring,Edythe found herself catching Jane staring,and it made the young girl oddly happy. Edythe caught Jane staring during the middle of the movie,and for the first time,Jane's eyes didn't flick away. They stared at each other for a while,not really knowing how long their eyes sat reaching into the depths of each other's. Edythe leaned forward slowly,never taking her eyes away from Jane's. Their lips met slowly,and Edythe's eyes flickered shut. The kiss was small and slow at first,but a fearful passion was digging up inside of Edythe,like this might be the last kiss they can share,and Edythe kisses her deeper.

Jane caresses Edythe's soft cheek as they fall together,and Edythe loves the fierce cold of Jane's skin. The movie ends,and their sweet kisses end. When the lights flicker on in the movie theater,Jane notices a soft blush on Edythe's face that made her smile softly. They were falling in love,slowly but surely. Edythe's and Jane didn't eat in the Mall were the movie was held,instead they fled to Edythe's Corvette. They made their love in the front seat of her red car in the form of sweet,passionate kisses and moving bodies. They would never get farther.

Edythe drives them home afterwards,but they don't go inside. Instead they go to the river where they confessed their feelings only a few short weeks ago. They share a single soft kiss before they hunt down their lunch. Jane finds an elk,Edythe finds a small doe. They come back to each other,and sit at the Rock,all smiles and sweet kisses. They return home an hour later with grins on their faces like they had secrets to tell. Even Renesmee had found love in this troubling time. Patrick had imprinted on her,as had Jacob. Renesmee chose Patrick,in all his awkwardness and confidence,and Jacob was not angry or sad,he still loved her.

They did not rally a force against the Volturi,and yet a small force came. The Denali family. They were willing to fight,even though the Volturi outnumbered them greatly. Edythe stayed close to her family when she was not with Jane,wanting to spend as much time with them as she could before the inevitable came. When night came around,Edythe found it hard to sleep unless Jane sat with her,caressing her hair like her mother used to do. And when Jane left and Edythe still couldn't muster the courage to fall asleep,her mother would come into the room and whisper stories and lull her into a dreamless sleep.

Everything was a haze for Edythe,except for when she was with Jane. In the last few days,they spent as much time as they could together. When Jane wasn't around,Edythe would stare off into space and wonder about the inevitable. The night before the Volturi arrived at their door,Edythe dreamt of horrible things. She dreamt of mangled bodies and bloody cloaks,pits of fire and heads unaccompanied by their bodies. Edythe woke up screaming,and only the comforting of Jane and Renesmee and the soothing of Jasper could get her to calm her nerves.

And when she did calm down,a smell drifted through the open window in the bedroom she slept in that night. Everyone stiffened throughout the house,and many of the vampires in the home got to their feet and went outside. Jane,Jasper,Edythe,and Renesmee left the room together and joined their family outside. A bloodbath was sure to commence,even if hardly any of them bled. The wolves crept from the woods,standing among the Cullens and their few friends. Two wolves approached Renesmee and Edythe,the soft grey fur of Patrick nuzzled against Edythe and then rested beside Renesmee,and Jacob stood behind them,nuzzling both girls with comforting affection. Edythe took Jane's hand and turned to look at the girl,staring into her deep eyes that had changed from red to golden. Edythe breathed deeply and turned to look at the enraged Volturi.

note | ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO! I hope you guys have enjoyed this,and their will most likely not be a sequel,though their may be one extra chapter to wrap things up. I'll post the Twelfth chapter soon,and then The Damsels Distress will be over,for the most part.