10 | SKINNY LOVE

THE DAMSELS DISTRESS

The group of four got into their car and drove home as quickly as they could. The group of three vampires ran close by,following them home. Edythe's leaned against the window of the backseat,staring off into space with a worried expression on her face. A soft,warm hand settled on her shoulder and rubbed her arm caringly."It'll be okay,Ed."Patrick said in his soft voice,lightly tanned, heated skin rubbing against pale,cool skin as he comforted her. "You can't be apart of this."Edythe's said,turning to Patrick with a worried stare.

Patrick gave a soft sigh,and shook his head at his best friend."Haven't you noticed? Either I'm getting a fever,or something is changing."Patrick told her,and she looked at him in confusion and took his hot hands and pulled them close to her,holding them on her own."You're burning up,holy shit."She whispered,and he sighed,leaning back against the seats."I don't want to be a wolf,like my grandparents were. I just want to be a normal human."He groaned,and lie himself down in her lap.

Edythe sighed softly, caressing his heated cheek with her cool hands."It's not too bad,being different."She told him,and he smiled up at her."You always know what to say,Ed."He responded,yawning softly."Get some sleep."She hummed to her best friend,kissing his too hot forehead. Patrick nodded,yawning once more and turning on his side in her lap,thankful that she wasn't hard as stone like other vampires were.

As the four arrived at their home,they saw the three vampires sitting on their porch,awaiting them. Edythe shook Patrick awake and they got out of the car, all going inside. Most of the vampires were on edge,wondering why the three were outside,but were kept at bay by Edward,who told them that the three would explain once their family returned. The three Volturi vampires followed the others inside,and Felix began explaining to the large group why they were here.

Everyone was highly concerned,and Jacob left with Patrick when they were finished to tell the wolves about the situation and to help Patrick phase without any difficulties. Alice was confused as to why she couldn't see their future,but understood it was because of the high involvement the wolves would most likely have. Carlisle sighed and shook his head."We can't call witnesses for this. There is nothing to witness."He said,looking at Esme with worry. Edward nodded in agreement."We can't ask them to do that again. Our only hope is the wolves,and I don't like asking them for help either."Edward told the family.

Renesmee,whom had better memory than Edythe because of her gift,was terrified. The Volturi frightened her from her memories of them,even if she had been in a childlike state at the time. Edythe was utterly confused. Would her family be killed? She sat in Alice's room by herself,thinking about her family and the girl who was her mate. She never thought she would have a mate,and yet deep down she knew that Jane was the only person who she would ever be in love with. That night,she called Harvie and told him about their situation,but told him countless times not to come home,yet she knew that Leah wouldn't listen and would take the two straight back home.

Edythe fell asleep in Alice's bed that was kept there for her,and she assumed Renesmee fell asleep in Rosalie's bed which was for her. Edythe woke up the next morning and she was hungry,so she went downstairs and asked if she and Jane could go hunting,as she wanted to speak to her alone. The two left the beautiful home and headed into the vast woods,hunting quickly so they could have a conversation. Edythe sat on a rock at the river,taking her well worn tennis shoes off and sticking her feet in the rushing water.

"What is it you wanted to talk about?"Questioned Jane after a bit of silence. Edythe turned to Jane,a soft blush on her pale cheeks."Do you..um.."Edythe mumbled,and Jane waited patiently for the tallish girl to continue."Do you..like me?"Asked Edythe,eyes fluttering up to meet the fierce red-gold color of Jane's. Jane smiled softly and sat on the rock with Edythe,placing a hand on her shoulder."Would it upset you if I did?"She questioned back and Edythe immediately shook her head,turning to face Jane on the rock.

"I'd actually be a little happy,I mean if you did."Rambled Edythe,the girl could have such confidence one minute and could be stumblingly awkward the next. Jane smiled with such love,Edythe couldn't help but stare into her eyes,it was as if she was mesmerized."Yes,I do like you,Edythe."Responded Jane,lacing her fingers tentatively with Edythe's. Edythe's eyes lit up,and she stared down at their hands. "I..like you too."Edythe responded and a smile bigger than Edythe had ever seen spread across Jane's face. In the chaos that would ensue,Edythe felt completely safe sitting there,vulnerable. Oh,if only she had known what was to come.