Chapter 16

Today was the day we were going home. Sadly but true. We were all packed and in the car. I , as well as everyone else, knew that we would be back again soon. Maybe spring break or sometime sooner but we would be back. But it's still sad that we were leaving such a beautiful place filled with... I don't know, memories.

" Bethany is going to be back soon. " Dan sounded like he wanted to kill himself. I haven't even met the girl and I kind of wanted too.
Nora and Saura groaned.
" What's the big deal anyways?" Dan looked at me from the rear view mirror and glared.
" She's evil" Was all he said and Saura scoffed.
" EVIL? She's the a devil spawn" I laughed.
" Oh come on she can't be that bad. " I was given 3 glares. " Okay maybe I'm wrong" Dan nodded his head quickly.

Dan, Saura, Nora and I decided that it was better that Dan ride with us on the at home, instead of Jaxon. Since if everything that happened this weekend. I was glad for it. Meant that I didn't have to spend 2 hours in a small confined space with him and his anger, and those emotional miss haps.

" I really have to go pee." I looked at Nora and laughed.

" Don't tell me tell the person driving the car" She groaned then turned to Dan.

"Pull over." Dan gave her a weird look. She glared and luckily for her there was a gas station. So he pulled into the parking lot, the car behind us following. The second the car stopped, Nora jumped out. The way she ran so fast looked like a rabbid animal was chasing after her.

I laughed and looked down at my vibrating phone.

Ollie

I pressed the green button and brought the phone up to my ear.

" Hello?"

" Why did we pull over? Is Nora dying ?" I laughed into the phone and though he couldn't see me I shook my head.

" No she had to pee" I could hear Ollie's chuckled alnong with a deep husky one. Jaxon's.

" Oh ok. We're gonna go ahead and drive ahead" I repeated to Dan and he nodded.

" Dan said it's fine. He knows the way. ' Ollie said 'K' and hung up. I watched their car pull out from the parking lot and drive on the main road.

Saura groaned and slouched in her seat beside me.

" Does it really take 15 mintues to pee!?" Dan laughed.

" Apparently." As if on cue Nora came running out with a bag, probably full of candy knowing her. She opened the passengers side door and jumped in. She opened the bag and began handing out stuff. She handed me a Dr. Pepper and a back of gummies.

" Thanks Nora." She just smiled and nodded her head.

" No prob. " Dan started the car while takng a sip of his coke. He pulled out and followed the path of Ollie's car. I put both headphones in and leaned against the door. Letting my eyes droop and the soft hum of the music put me to sleep.

" Lina."  I opened my eyes. The car was still moving so I knew we weren't there yet. I looked over at Saura.

" We're about an hour away" I nodded and took my headphones out of my ears.
" Dan's stopping at a restaurant the boys found." I nodded and put my shoes ,that I had previously taken off, back on.

" What is it?" She just shrugged.

" Have no clue. Didn't bother asking." I noded and looked out the window. As the buildings past I felt something in my stomach twist and turn.

It felt so familiar.

We turned the corner and a small diner came into view. 'Mimaw's Kitchen.' That's when it hit me. I felt goosebumps litter my skin. I felt like I wanted to throw up. My entire body felt tense, and thank God no body had noticed yet.

Everyone opened their doors and got out. I took a deep breath and gripped the door handle and got out. I wasn't going to let anyone know I was in my home town.

The bell of the door rang as we entired and I immediately spotted Ollie and Jaxon and Wyatt. Nora scooted in beside Wyatt and everyone else chose their seating quickly. I was left with the seat across from Jaxon.

Great now I have to look at him and his stupidly gorgeous face.

But instead of looking at him i look at the menu with a frustrated sigh. I heard Jaxon let out a small chuckle but quiet enough to were I was the only one who heard it.

I still didn't look up. No matter how bad I wanted to I didn't! I'm proud of myself!

The waitress finally came to our table and thank goodness it wasn't anybody I knew. She went around the table and we all ordered. She jotted it down, smiled and then left. But what really bothered me was that her eyes seemed to linger on Jaxon and let's just say I didn't like it. It's not like I'm jealous or anything but still.

It's rude to stare.
Then I guess you're rude all the time. My subconscious bickered but I quickly shut it up.

I wasn't really paying attention when the door to restaurant dinged. Everyone was talking and I was playing with my straw wrapper. I heard the number of voices but didn't think anything of it.

I should have.

"Лекс?" I whipped my head up to the front of the table, As did everyone else. I looked and saw a familiar Russian boy I once knew.

There stood Ivan. My ex. My past.

My eyes went wide and my body went stuff. Here was my ex, calling me by my real name in front of all my friends.

" Oh my God! I-Its been- Just Oh My God!" He mumbled his words a lot, he was never very good at English . I remembered that about him. I used to think it was cute.

" Ivan." I looked to my friends. They all had questioning looks on their faces. I knew I would be getting a lot of questions soon and ones I wouldn't be able to answer.

I stood of from the table. Ivan didn't know much English although he moved here young. His parents never let him learn a lot of it.

"Иван. Приходите на улицу" (translated to: Ivan. Come outside please) I tried not to let my accent ,I tried so hard to get rid of, slip through the cracks. My hand still gripped onto the edge of the chair, I could see from the corner of my eye that my knuckles were turning white.

Ivan nodded curtly, then gave a small smile to my friends. He walked to the door and waited for me. I looked back to the table and gave a fake smile.

" I'll be right back promise. " I ran towards the door and pulled him outside with me. Fighting myself.

I didn't need to be doing this! I couldn't be doing this. It wasn't good that my past and present ran right into each other.

Not good at all.