Chapter 32

Pain coursed through my body.

It was everywhere.

I felt like I was burning.

" Evangelina! Oh my God!"

" Lina!!!"

I could hear voices but I didn't know where they were coming from. I didn't want to open my eyes. I just want to sleep.

Let me sleep.

Jaxon's POV

The first shot  came around 10 this morning the second around 11:20, but it wasn't just the shot that I was worried about. Lina was somewhere in the school and I had no clue where.

" Whats going on?" Some one in my maths class cried.

I looked back and noticed it was a girl about my age. She was crying as were several other girls in the class. The guys were just as scared, they might not be crying but they might as well have been. 

The windows were closed and the door was shut and locked, the teacher was was pacing back and forth. She was talking on the phone, probably to the cops. Everyone was trying to keep as quiet as they could but one of the girls was shaking so bad that she rattled the chair and desk she was sitting at. After a few moments Miss. Remmy shut her phone and put her hand over mouth. I ran a hand through my my hair trying to think on how to get out of the classroom.

How to get to Lina.

" Let's just stay calm. The police are on their way" She was still pacing and it was obvious she was trying to convince herself it was going to be okay. I stood up from my seat and walked over to Miss. Remmy. Her eyes went wide and she looked at the door then at me.

" Mr. Williams go back to the corner!  Get Away from the door!" She didn't raise her voice, she kept it at barely a whisper. She pushed me back. I didn't care. At this moment I didn't care about anything else except f getting out of this rom and finding her .

" I need to get out there" I pushed but she shook her head.

" You're crazy to think I would let you do such a thing!"  Her arms were crossed and she glanced at the door periodically, thinking that someone was gonna come through that door.

" Miss. Remmy please, I have to." I never beg. I never say please. I'm not that kind of guy, but here? Here I need to do what ever it takes to get out.

" No!" She looked at the door again.

" Miss. Rem-"                                                                                                          

" NO Jaxon! You could get killed."

" Give me the key." Every teacher had a key to the door after they automatically lock. Each teacher only has the ones to their door. I knew Miss. Remmy had it and she wasn't going to give it up.

" No I-" I rushed over to her desk and started to rummage through the drawers. I took them out and dumped them on her desk. Everyone was watching and I didn't care.

I have to get out.

"What are you doing?" Theresa, one of the girls in the class, said. She was sniffling. I didn't bother to pay attention to her, I continued to dump out the drawers and sift through them. Then I saw it. It was in the last drawer and taped to the bottom. I reached for it, Miss Remmy pleading me to stop.   

" You can't go out there Jaxon! W-Why!?" I turned to Miss Remmy and ran a hand through my hair.

"There is someone out there and she gets hurt-" I sighed " I-I don't know what I would do" I put the key in the door and cracked it open. I looked back at the class. Everyone in the corners still crying and holding onto each other.

I opened the door and walked out into the cold hallway.

                                                                          ***            

The closet door was Mr. Holloway's class. I immediately ran to the door and tried to open it. Of course it was locked.

How was I going to get in?            

An idea went off in my head and I pulled out my wallet. I grabbed my ID and slid it under the door. I waited to hear the click of the lock but I didn't. I looked down both ways of hallway, making sure no one else was around. I bent down and put my face to the floor. I looked under the crack and tried to see any feet.

I could see a pair of red converses with a big black cuff on the front. I knew whose shoes those were.

" Riley!" I whisper yelled under the door. I heard a murmur of voices and the door click. I looked up and saw Riley Morgan, he was part of the football team. I pushed up off the floor and quickly entered the class. I shut the door behind me and looked around.

" Dude! what the h#ell are you doing!?" Riley tried to talk to me but I ignored him. My eyes scanned the room but didn't see her.     

" Riley have you seen Lina?" He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't now who I was talking about.

" Evangelina Rocklin. I call her Sunshine?" Something clicked and he knew who I was talking about.

" She left before the shooting, I saw her walking towards the library when I went to the bathroom then when I came back she was gone. "

I slammed my hand on the wall. She was somewhere out there!   " Damn it!" Some one tried to shush me but it just made me madder.

" Come on man, let it go and stay in here until the cops come!" Riley tried to pesuade me but I didn't listen to him.

" No! I have to find her!"

I ran to the door and opened it, closing it before any one could tell me other wise. I looked down the hallway and found the library. She cold have heard the shot and ran in there. I grabbed the handle and pulled on it.

Unlocked. Sh!t.

I pulled it open quietly and entered. The smell of something hitting my nose almost instantly. I couldn't tell what it was.  I could hear some people crying and sniffling, but other than than they were mostly quiet. I stepped down the steps and headed toward the center of the library that was covered in shelves. I could hear someone getting louder as they cried and the voice sounded familiar.

It was Nora.

I jogged and turned the corner. " No-"  I stopped dead in my tracks. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and I could feel the blood pumping through my veins. I felt like the world was crumbling.

There in the center of the room laid Lina with blood covering her shirt and Nora and Saura were screaming for help.