Chapter 23

"We can't keep doing this to each other Jax." My words were muffled my his lips still on mine. I felt him smile into the kiss. His hands never let go of my waist and my hands were entangled in his hair.

How did we get here?

" Yes we can." I groaned and he finally pulled away, leaning his forehead against mine.

" No we-"

" Why?" Why? there are so many reasons why. I don't even know where to begin.

" I'm scared." It was the easiest way and the simplest answer. I was simply scared of what could turn out. Of what could happen to us. To me. I tried to look the other way, trying not to see his face. HIs perfectly built face.

Jaxon brought his hand up to cup to the side of my face and make me face him again. I leaned into his hand and closed my eyes for a second, trying and willing myself not to fall for him. Even though it was slowly happening and I knew I couldn't stop it.

" Scared of what sunshine?" There he goes with that stupidly adorable nickname that I wanted to hate but It was cute that he does that. I looked at him our eyes met and his gaze held me perfectly still.

" Of falling for you and you breaking my heart." I wasn't expecting him to say anything or even stay. I expected him to pull away and tell me I was stupid and how this was just a fling and I was never going to happen, but he didn't.

" I'll try my damnedest not to,"I gave him a sad smile and he returned one.

I never thought I would see this side of Jaxon Williams but here I am. Standing against a wall with his arms around me and my lips swollen from where we had kissed. I was completely shocked to say the least. It's funny, when I first met him he was a dickhead and I hated him but now? Yea he is still a butt head but he can be sweet and caring.

And I can't help it.

Jaxon gave me one last quick touch of our lips before turning towards his bedroom and cracking his bathroom door. The light from his room seeped through the small opening and but I couldn't see into his room, not that I wanted to. I was just curious. I shook my head and walked towards my bedroom. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a tank and some shorts. I changed quickly and pulled my hair into a messy bun.

" Am I sleeping in -" I turned around to see Jaxon standing in the door way. His voice was low and had stopped when he finally saw me. My hands were in my hair trying to fix it a little and my tank top had rode up a little showing my flat stomach.I quickly noticed what he was staring at and fixed my top but my hair tumbled down and fell upon my shoulders into a curly brown mess.

Jaxon stepped in my room, his eyes never leaving mine. They were slightly darker. Strands of his chestnut hair had fallen into his face and he pushed them back. We stayed and silence. Not saying a word, just looking at each other.

" You can sleep in my room tonight." He broke the silence. I didn't mind sleeping in room just as long as he was there. It was weird how he kept the nightmares away but he did and I was thankful. It's just a bonus that he's a great spooner.

" Ok" My voice came out barely a whisper. He nodded his head and turned and walked out. I let out the breath ,I didn't know that I was holding in, out.

Jax left his door unlocked and cracked open. I pushed it open and found him laying on his bed.

Shirtless.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. His tan chiseled , tattooed chest was just laying there. He had his arm over his eyes and he was breathing softly. The door creaked and he looked out from under his arm. His blue eyes looked tired and his face looked like he could fall asleep any second. So I closed the door solely and turned out the lights. I was pretty good at finding my way through the dark, I had done it plenty of times before. I mad my way to the bed and reached out my hand waiting for my fingers to feel Jaxon's. He gripped mine and pulled me onto the bed, I stifled a laugh.

He brought me onto the bed and I lipped under the covers. I nestled my head into the pillow that smelt of him.

Colgne and fresh rain.

Such a weird sent but it was amazing. I couldn't help but smile into the darkness. Before I could get to comfortable , Jaxon put his arm over my waist and pulled me into his chest. My tank had risen up again and so some of my bare back touched his warm skin. I could feel the tingles spreading all over my body. My stomach ached with butterflies and all over some stupid lilt touch.

Jaxon nuzzled his nose in the back of my neck and breathed in deeply, sighing in content.

" You smell really good." I laughed a little.

" You do too." I said and I felt him smile into my neck.

" I know" I smacked his shoulder and he laughed, pulling me closer. I let out a sigh and finally closed my eyes. With the warm blanket and his arms around me I wouldn't mind going to sleep to this every night.