Joining

"What the hell?!" Were the first words Jayden said after stepping into her room. On the middle of the bed, seeming as confortable as possible, sat Tony Stark, no suit of armor or anything.

"Hey, Wolf. What's up?" He questioned, turning another page in a book that looked a little too familiar to the wolf.

"No!" She yelled, lunging forward and grabbing the diary from Tony, baring her teeth.

"But I was just getting to the good part." He whined, "And 'the asshole wearing a soup can'? Not a very accurate description."

"What would you have preffered?" The girl questioned, hands on her hips.

"Hmm, maybe 'the attractive, wealthy, and intelligent asshole wearing a high powered and quite beautiful soup can." Jayden rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Why are you here, Tony?"

"What an old friend can't visit?" He questioned.

"Not you, and you aren't exactly a friend." Tony grumbled to himself and stood, taking a step closer as white wings wrapped protectively around the girl.

"I promise I won't hurt you. I'm here to talk." blue eyes narrowed yet she allowed him to speak. "I know you are powerful, very over powered, but we need you, and there are threats approaching that even you can't defeat. We believe they are beings like you." Tony threw her a file with 'top secret' across it. Opening it the girl gasped. Inside were pictures of people who were like her.

There was one who dore the antlers and tail of a deer, another the fangs, tongue, and scales of a snake.

"T-These are..."

"Like you?" He suggested.

"Like me..." She nodded.

"So what do you say?"

Many thoughts ran through the girl's mind at once. First, they went to her friends who she was unwilling to leave behind, then to Loki who was still alone, then to the Avengers. "I'm in, on two conditions."

"Name it." Tony nodded.

"First, I want Pheobe and Al to know nothing of this, I will contact them if I need them. They need to stay safe." The man nodded.

"Done. Second?"

Biting her lip nervously Jayden spoke, "I want an ally, someone you know but won't allow to work with you." Tony's eyes narrowed.

"Who?"

"A man. He is misunderstood and alone. I spoke with him and can see the good in him. Give me a few chances more to speak and you and Fury will also see it."

"You don't mean..."

"Loki."