Him (Short-Story)

He walked quickly through the woods. His world was collapsing and he didn't know what to do. It had always been hard for him yet now things were going to shit. It's not even like he had a bad life, his two sisters had always been there for him and his parents cared for him. His grandma took care of him and accepted him for who he was, they all did. He had a best friend who was there for him no matter what, yet as soon as Middle School came around his world went to shit.

In seventh grade his grandfather passed away, before this event he had already been in the beginnings of depression but after that he was worse. He started self harming after that, he knew it was wrong to do yet he couldn't handle the pain he was in and that was his only thing he could think to do. Yet, he kept a brave face and smiled through the pain. He put on a brave face and worked through the pain.

It was Christmas morning when his sister noticed the cuts. She didn't say anything till later when they were able to talk privately, she helped him tell their dad and for a while things started looking up. But then he had a two year relationship go sour and he fell back into his slump, in the seventh grade his mother found texts saying he wanted to kill himself and she discovered he had relapsed. His mother didn't know what to do so she signed him up for counseling. He got a therapist he could open to, this had helped him for a while, until his oldest sister graduated.

His oldest sister had been the one he was closest to, she would put up with his antics and help him with whatever problems he had. After she graduated, their mother grew distant. His father had a jewelry business and his business partner was a family friend, a woman. Things went into a downward spiral of jealousy and soon his mother was accusing his father of an affair. Of course he knew that his father wasn't that kind of man, but his mother wouldn't listen to the voice of reason. It was two years until his parents finally gave up on trying to save their marriage and soon he became a statistic.

Again, his depression surfaced, but now it was time for high school and he wasn't prepared for it. His grades failed and his anxiety soared. Everyday he would come home and have a panic attack before going back to work, he helped his grandmother at her job and played online games with friends, he'd talk and laugh with his friends, but it wasn't real. He was drowning yet he hid it, letting himself fall deeper so his friends could climb higher.

His life was a mess, yet he didn't care. He was depressed and paranoia had started to show up, he couldn't walk around his house without crying or running because he felt like something was following him. He couldn't tell anyone either in fear they would call him insane and send him to an asylum. He was so frozen in his spot that it was hard to move, his only escape was the woods.

He'd hike through the trees for hours on end, listening to the bird and the animals, letting his thoughts take him to wild places. Places where he was free to do what he wants, where he created his own story. He often wished he could do in the real world what he could do in his fantasy world. He would be able to shapeshift into anything or anyone, he could fly above the clouds and feel the wind blow through his hair, but most of all, he would have a happy ending...

But, In the real world... Happy endings don't exist...

_______________________________________________________________________________

{}A/N{}

This is a story I got bored and started writing, so like, I hope you enjoyed...

~Zane