6 Minutes

6 minutes.

That's all the time I have. 6 minutes until the pain is over, 6 minutes until I finally die. I can feel it coming, the destruction , the end. It floated effortlessly towards me. I think back to how this all started....

The flashes of silk dresses and fine wine, watching from the window of the ratty apartment I lived in before, longing to be able to dress and dance like the girls that I saw...

When I knew my mother wasn't home, I would sneak into her room and borrow one of her night dresses, I would put it on my skeletal frame and stuff whatever I could down the front to make it seem like I had the breasts I longed for. For hours, I would dance around to the distant music, swaying and learning to be graceful...

5 Minutes.

I grew up and was forced into sports and away from dresses, I would hide in the boys locker room during gym because I felt like I didn't belong. When I finally spoke about how I felt, I was shunned and beaten daily, called all kinds of names and slurs. I cultivated my anger throughout my teenage years..

4 Minutes.

I had finally snapped when my dear old mother screamed at me for not getting enough money to pay for her drugs. All the anger and hate burst as I grabbed her hair and slammed her head into the counter. I kept going, invigorated by this new feeling of power I had.

3 Minutes.

The cops found me and I claimed self defense, the only reason I got off was because of an open CPS case on my mothers abusive habits. I was released and went through multiple surgeries and therapies, until I finally looked like the woman I knew I was. I would strut through town and all the boys would stare. But one day, I was approached by the worst of the bullies and asked on a date, I accepted and led him back to my place. Within the hour he had been beaten to death and then dismembered. Again, I felt that arousal. So I went for more blood...

2 Minutes.

I can hear it getting closer, the shouts and cheers of all of my victims families. I killed so many bastards that when I was finally caught, I was almost instantly given the death penalty. Now I was being wheeled down a bright corridor, the lights flickered beside me and I couldn't help but laugh and smile as I was taken into the last room I would ever see. They strapped me down to a medical chair and got to work putting the IV in my arm.

1 Minute.

I stared at the IV as a bright blue liquid slowly flowed down it, I smiled and looked at the window, out of the window and into the party that I saw on the other side. The silk dresses and swing music. I hummed to the music I heard until my senses started to shut down, first I got really cold, then I felt nothing at all. I looked at the window and smiled warmly at the red dresses.

"How I wish to dance like you..."