19

Obsessed with this cover of 'Stay' sung by Jared Leto, aka the Joker

"We should've done this way earlier," I sighed as I combed my hand through his hair. "I'm sorry I put it off so long. I shouldn't have."

"It really hasn't been a problem," Charlie assured me. "I honestly haven't even felt it."

I watched him for a moment, but then took a breath and lifted my scissor. "Well. Even so, here we go. Your first haircut."

"Don't make it too short," He told as I begun cutting the first few locks. I felt like a bugle should be playing Taps in the background as the first of his golden threads hit the floor.

"I promise I won't," I assured him as I continued trimming it. "I understand if you don't like it short. Didn't they buzz cut you in there?"

"Yes, but that's not the reason," He replied. "I like it when you comb your fingers through it and pull on it when I have my tongue on you. I want you to be able to keep doing that."

I involuntarily paused with the scissor for a moment when I felt the heat crawl up my neck and tint my entire face a very vivid red. I was suddenly so happy he was sitting with his back facing me. "Uhm... duly noted."

I then continued cutting his blond locks, taking a little more off the sides and leaving more at the top. Not so much that it looked like Johnny Bravo, but just enough so that I—well, enough so that I kept his wish. By the time I felt satisfied with the result, I ran my fingers through his hair and then heard the deepest sound come from Charlie's chest.

"Did you just purr?" I asked, a grin lifting to my lips as he continued doing it. "Seriously? You're purring, Charlie."

"I'd like to remind you..." He tilted his head a little and let me comb my fingers down the side of his face to his ears. Goosebumps rose on his skin. "That human isn't the only thing I am."

"Really? So you purr if I pet you, and you'll twitch your leg if I scratch you behind your ear?" I teased, yanking a little on his ear.

"No, but I might growl," He warned and turned around on the stool, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me towards him so that I fell against him with a gasp. "Maybe even bite."

"Animal," I chuckled and steadied myself on his shoulders. But then a thought suddenly occurred to me. "Speaking of which, remember when we talked about those? How you've never petted one?"

Charlie rose a brow, but then nodded. "Yes?"

"Well... how would you like to do that?"

He looked even more confused now. "What do you mean?"

I combed my hand through his freshly cut hair again, then watched as he closed his eyes and purred at me again. "Have you ever heard of the Zoo?"

~~~

Walking around in the closest Zoo that was about an hour away from where I lived, Charlie's attention was like a goldfish; He was so busy staring at all the animals, he couldn't pay attention to a word I said.

"Panthera Leos!" He almost pulled my arm off as he ran us to the enclosure where the lions lazily laid under their rocks and trees, sleeping as they did most of the daytime hours. "Look, Carly!"