28

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor

I was speechless. Utterly and completely speechless. A million things were going through my head, but it all went so fast, it became a blur to the point where I couldn't even think.

I couldn't believe what I had just seen. What I had just heard.

Through all this madness and being unconscious all the time, I hadn't given much thought to the deeper parts of all of this. I had just focused on the facts I knew; Charlie had fooled me. C.E.N.T.U.R.I.E.S were behind it. I was pregnant, and this was my home for the next eight months.

But now doubts started poking holes in my facts.

What if Charlie did plan on fooling me, but along the way... fell for his own act? He did fall in love with me first, they said, which hadn't been the plan. The plan had been him making me fall in love, not the other way around, but it had happened. He loved me. What if he hadn't just said that to get me to say it. What if that part had been real?

What if... what if he really truly loved me and had changed his whole mindset because of me?

The video I just watched supported the idea.

Still, staring hopelessly at the now black screen, my head started hurting with confusion. I didn't know what to believe. It was all such a mess. So what if he had actually loved me? Did that justify what he had done? Did it change the things that had happened? I still wasn't sure what his last words to me had meant. Had I jumped to conclusions while he was too drugged to create full coherent sentences?

I just couldn't find heads or tails in it and it made my head throb. What was I supposed to think after watching this? Should I be happy or even more sad? I had no idea what to feel. I finally knew how Charlie felt before I taught him everything; Unable to put emotions into words.

"Ms Bloom?" The annoying female scientist, who in my eyes was the devil incarnated, was still waiting for my reply. I bristled my face and chilled my voice as I tonelessly answered.

"So what? He changed his answers, people change."

"Not Creatures. They're taught to obey the things we teach them," She replied, closing the laptop and looking inquisitively at me. "You somehow managed to brainwash him. We would like to know how so we can improve him and the rest in the future."

The moment she said those words, I wanted to burst free from my restrains and strangle the bitch. The nerve she had to stand here and say to my face she wanted to improve him, like he was a machine that just needed a little tweaking or upgrading. How fucking dared she.

"Even if I knew how, I would never tell you," I snarled, feeling my body tremble with anger. "You are all sick, perverted scientists with no morals; No conscience! I know what you did to him," I said through gritted teeth and watched her eyes widen a little at the fury in my own. "You touched him and sexually abused him while he was out cold, and now you arrogantly stand in front of the person who's pregnant with his child and ask me how you can improve him? Fuck you! Fuck all of you!"

"You need to remain calm," She said in a relaxed voice that only pissed me off more. Like she was some mother Theresa and I was her yelling child. "What you are referring to was an experiment. There was nothing sexual about it, it was for scientific purposes only."