Chapter 18

A/N: I would just like to say thank you for your continuous support. I see your comments and messages, and appreciate your patience...I'm not the best at updating and I know it's frustrating. Thank you. ❤️

"Flight 304 to Capri, Italy is now boarding. Passengers please head to gate 17 for boarding." The announcer's voice echoes through the airport.

I️ look over to Alexa, who grins.

"That's us Tal," She grabs my arm and we get up from our spot in the cafe, dragging a single handbag for the both of us in my hand.

We approach Gate 17 where the waiting seats are full, and there is a line starting to form for boarding. We picked a full flight on purpose.

I️ bite my lip as we move up the line, nervously anticipating him to come storming my way any minute.

"You sure about this?" Alexa asks me a few moments later, looking me in the eye. Only one person stands before me and my door to freedom.

I️ take a deep breath. There's no way for him to know that I'm here. By the time he'll find out, it'll be too late. We'll be long gone, and he won't have a clue as to where I️ went.

"Yeah, I'm sure," I️ decide and step up to security, handing them my passport.

"Have a nice trip," the man smiles at me, and I️ smile back, but I'm too anxious for it to reach my eyes.

Alexa joins me and she walks a little too excitedly down the gateway to the plane, me striding right begin. Finally, we make it to the plane, greeted by the flight attendants and the pilot.

I️ suddenly begin to feel excited as I️ realize I've made it. There's no way I'm turning back now.

"I️ can't believe this is actually happening," I️ breathe out, looking back at Alexa.

She sends me a devious smile, winking as I️ turn back around to my ticket out of here. Taking a deep breathe, I️ step past the flight staff and onto the plane.

~ Earlier that Night ~

"You stupid ass bitch I ain't fucking with you!" I sing out with the song as I burn the last picture of Steph and I.

"You little dumbass bitch, I ain't fucking with you!" Alexa joins me, taking a swing of the vodka then passing the bottle over to me.

"This is just what I needed, Lex. Who needs Steph when I have you?" I grin at her, finishing the bottle off.

"I'm the best friend you'll ever have. You don't need anyone else," she skips over to the burning picture, and blows it out, a pile of ash left behind. She grabs about half of them in her hand, and then runs over to the window. "May she burn in hell!" She lets the ashes fall from her palm, blowing away into the wind.

I follow her lead, a little tipsy in my steps, and gather the ashes in my hand. I skip over to the window all giddy, and blow the ashes from my fingers.

"Rot in hell, you backstabbing bitch!" My voice rings out into the dark night, and then I slam the window shut. "Well, that bridge is burned." I mutter, and grab the second bottle from the cabinet. I fill up two shot glasses and hand one over to Alexa.

"To real friends." We toast glasses, and the vodka slides down my throat. The burn is hardly there as I'm already numb to it.

"Movie time!" Lexi hops onto the couch and grabs the remote, putting on Netflix. "I think we need a horror movie, no lovey dovey crap."