Chapter 2-The Attack

The Irish won by only ten points because Viktor Krum decided to catch the snitch.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Theo exclaimed once they were in Draco and Blaise's tent.

"Truly," Adrian agreed, "but where do you recckon your father's gone?"

"Draco," Blaise said, "your father's gone as well."

Draco just shrugged. Suddenly there was a chorus of screams.

"What the blazes was that?" Adrian asked. He stepped outside, followed by the other three. Their mouths dropped.

About ten meters away from them, floating in midair, was the Muggle family that took care of the campsite where this year's World Cup was held. The woman was shrieking as she tried to cover her underwear with her dress which was falling as she was upside-down. The two children were crying and the man was shouting. 

All around the boys were tents on fire. Figures in dark robes and masks were attacking people everywhere.

"I have a feeling I know where our fathers are," Theo said.

"I wonder where my father is," Blaise said.

"Probably with them," Adrian said. "I don't know why he just didn't come with us to the World Cup if they were going to be here anyway. I wonder if my father's here."

"The Puceys had declared themselves neutral, right?" Theo asked.

"Yeah, I was just wondering."

The Puceys had not fought in the first war, but being purebloods, they had been spared and received protection from Voldemort. Of course, they had to pay for their protection since they weren't partaking in the the was. They paid for the Death Eaters' supplies and other such things. The Zabinis, on the other hand, were forced into fighting. Blaise's mother fully supported the Death Eaters, but his father, a foreigner from Italy at the time, had to go along with it.

Draco didn't know why the others were taking this so lightly.

"Let's just go inside," Blaise suggested. He stepped in the tent, followed by Theo. Adrian was about to step in when he noticed Draco staring up at the clouded moon.

"You coming?" he asked Draco.

"Give me a minute," Draco replied without looking away.

Adrian shrugged and left.

Draco glared at the light that peeked through the darkness. Where was that light before, huh? It was just now coming through. Well, it was too late for that wsn't it?

Draco didn't now why he was likening what he was seeing to the Death Eaters' destruction march, or whatever it was called. But he saw the similarities. Times were dark, and people had hope. Draco sighed and turned to go inside as he realized that he hadn't any hope left.

"There you are," Blaise said.

"Why are you guys taking this so lightly?" Draco asked, frustrated.

"What do you mean?" Theo said.

"The Death Eaters! They're running around, doing all this stupid stuff. Don't you know what this means? He's getting stronger and more dangerous."

"Don't be ridicu-"

"I'm not being ridiculous!" Draco cut off Blaise. "Don't you see? The fact that he's managed to rope my father in again  should be proof enough."

"Your father's just doing this to keep people's suspicions in check," Adrian suggested.

"Yes, but this was obviously an organized attack. And which Death Eater do you think would be powerful enough to plan and lead this? None of them!"

"Calm down, Draco," Theo said, wary.