Chapter 14-Flesh, Blood, and Bone

The two Hogwarts students landed in a large open area. It was dark, gloomy, and desolate. No one was there...or so they thought.

"You okay?" Cedric asked as Harry got up from the ground.

"Yeah," Harry answered. "You?"

Cedric, too, rose and asked, "Where are we?"

"I've been here before," Harry said.

"It's a Portkey," Cedric realized as he looked at the cup. Grinning, he raised his voice. "Harry, the cup is a Portkey!"

"I've been here before!" Harry repeated. "In a dream." Harry approached a large sign, but once he got closer, he saw that it was a gravestone. The name Tom Riddle was engraved upon it, along with the years 1905-1943.

"Cedric, we have to get back to the cup. Now!"

"What are you talking about?"

There was a creak, and a figure stepped out of a doorway.

"Ow!" Harry groaned, clutching his forehead. Flames burst under a cauldron that wasn't there before.

"Harry, what is it?" Cedric asked.

"Get back to the cup!"

"Who are you?" Cedric turned to the figure. It was Wormtail and he carried a tiny body in his arms. "What do you want?"

"Kill the spare!" The body loudly whispered to Wormtail in a cold, high-pitched voice.

Wormtail did not hesitate.

________________________________

Lucius was in his study when sudden pain shot through his left arm. The Dark Mark was burning. He was back.

And he was calling.

Lucius instantly vaporized into the air and reappeared at a graveyard. He was wearing his Death Eater mask, but he could still see through it. Other members of the group had arrived and formed a circle around a creature in the middle. It was bald and had dark eyes, its nose, a couple of slits.

"Welcome, my friends," his cold, slithery voice sounded. "Thirteen years it's been, and yet here you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself...disappointed. Not one of you tried to find me."

He travelled around the circle, starting with Crabbe Sr., pulling down everyone's mask.

"Not even you, Lucius."

"My lord, I knew you would be back." He played it completely cool, knowing it was imperative that it still appear he was under the Imperius Potion. "It is better that I did not interfere. However, I will say that I have done my part. I slipped Ginerva Weasley your dangerous diary and I helped with the attack at the World Cup."

He-Who-Once-Could-Not-Have-Been-Named took this into consideration and nodded. "And I will say that I must agree. You have performed admirably. How is your son?"

Lucius held back his anger at Voldemort showing an interest in Draco. "He is doing well."

"What was his name?"

"Draco."

"Ah. Draco. Well, I suspect that Draco is at Hogwarts now?"

"He will be completing his fourth year this year."

"Excellent. This means that he'll be ready to join us soon?"

"Preferably when he is of age. He'll be a fully trained wizard then."

"Yes, but perhaps he will have to join a tad bit earlier. You see, I need all the forces I can get. Draco is a smart lad, is he not? To be your son and not disowned, he must be doing well in school. I'm sure that with some extra training this summer, he'll be ready to suit up by the time he is sixteen. I'm sure you agree."

"Yes, my lord. It would be an honor to have Draco in your service."

"As for the rest of you, I repeat how disappointed I truly am."

"I returned," Wormtail voiced and shrunk back right after saying that.

"Out of fear, not loyalty," came the reply. "Still, you have proved yourself useful these past few months, Wormtail."

He raised his wand and crafted a new metal hand for the cowardly former-Gryffindor.

"Oh! Thank you, Master. Thank you!"

The Dark Lord walked over to the body of the dead Hufflepuff whose name Lucius recalled to be Diggory.

"Oh, tsk, tsk, tsk," the creature mocked. "Such a handsome boy." He tapped the boy's face with his bare foot.

"Don't touch him!" someone yelled.

"Harry!" Voldemort exclaimed in false excitement. "Oh, I'd almost forgotten you were here, standing on the bones of my father. I'd introduce you, but word has it you're almost as famous as me these days. 'The boy who lived.' How lies have fed your legend Harry. Shall I reveal what really happened that night thirteen years ago? Shall I divulge how I truly lost my powers? It was love. You see, when dear, sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, she provided the ultimate protection. I could not touch him. It was old magic, something I should have foreseen. But, no matter, no matter. Things have changed."

He lifted his forefinger. "I can touch you now." He pressed it to Potter's scar and the boy shrieked in pain.

Moments later, Voldemort stepped back and forced Potter to duel him. At the end of the duel, the two wands were connected. People that Voldemort had killed - Diggory and the Potters - were appearing in shadowy forms. They gave Potter some instructions and soon, Potter broke the connection. He "Accio"ed Diggory's body and the cup, and left the premises.

"NO!!!!!" The Dark Lord cried. Fuming, he spun around to face Lucius. "Everyone, to Malfoy Manor."

Lucius raised his eyebrows as Voldemort continued, "I'm sure Lucius will not mind if we use his home as a headquarters. I plan to stay there for the time being. Quickly!"

Everyone in the graveyard vaporized.

A/N: Yes, I know that Voldemort is only in Malfoy Manor for a meeting during Draco's sixth year, but I wanted to make Malfoy Manor a headquarters during the fifth and sixth book in this series.

As always, I encourage you all to share this book with your friends, comment, vote, and keep on reading! Thank you all so much!