Chapter Ten

"Abby, I'm sorry." Lily sighed, picking up her purse. "I know it's Saturday but I really need you to look after Kiana for the day. I trust you, okay? No one is allowed over." She smiled softly at her daughter.

"Who would come over anyway? I lost my only friend." The teen grumbled, leaning back against the headboard of her bed. "I don't want to watch the pest."

"Abigail." Lily looked at her, eyes narrowed sternly. "I'm making you, so you will. And if I come home and you did something to the poor dear you will be grounded."

"Fine." Abby laid on her back, staring up at her bedroom ceiling. She really didn't want to watch the Neko, but she knew her mom would get angry if she kept arguing. 

"Alright. There are snacks downstairs in the fridge, you know my phone number if it's any emergency, and I'll be home later today. I love you." She kissed her daughters forehead and hurried from the room.

Abby waited until she heard the front door downstairs close before rising to her feet. "Kiana?!" She shouted, storming out of her bedroom and spotted Kiana laying in the tiny bed Caleb had allowed her to have. "Kiana!" 

Kiana jolted awake from the loud voice and with a soft whimper she looked over to the teen. "Y-Yes Miss?" She spoke quietly, the words she had said the night before still stinging in her ears.

"I'm watching you. My dad' at work, mom had an appointment, so you're stuck with me." The teen roughly pulled the Neko from her bed, holding her in a rather tight fist.

"M-Miss," Kiana spoke softly, pain shooting through her torso. "P-Please, y-you're hurting me."

"And?" Abigail loosened her grip only slightly, remembering her mom's threat. 

"N-Nothing." She lowered her head with a small frown. "B-But...can I please have something to eat? I-I haven't really eaten a whole lot since yesterday morning."

"Fine. I might grab a snack too." Abigail sighed and glanced to the Neko as she carried her down the stairs to the kitchen. On the kitchen counter was a small bag of assorted cheese, consisting of cheddar, marble, and swiss. It sounded rather good to Abby and she set Kiana down on the counter near the bag. 

"Do you want marble, swiss, or cheddar?" She asked the Neko, who looked at the bag for a moment before responding softly.

"Marble please," Kiana whispered. She wasn't sure why Abby would be nice to her like this but then terrible to her a moment later.

"Fine. I want...cheddar." The teen hummed, grabbing a slice of cheese for Kiana, than herself. 

The two sat in silence for quite some time, listening to the sounds of cars passing by outside the house. It was a rather comfortable silence though. Kiana wasn't afraid Abby would hurt her for the time being, and Abby was now and then glancing to the Neko, slightly amused at how enchanted she looked with the food. Like she'd never had it before.

It wasn't long before Kiana groaned softly, putting a hand to her stomach. "I-I don't feel so good anymore." She whispered, glancing up to Abby. "C-Can I go lie down miss?"

Abby frowned slightly and gently lifted Kiana off of the counter. "Yeah, sure. Let's head back up to my room." 

It was on the way up to her own bedroom that Abby too began to feel slightly queasy. "Maybe the cheese wasn't any good." She mumbled. "Because my stomach's hurting now too."

Kiana frowned, looking up at Abigail as she was placed on the pillow next to the one the teen used while she slept. She then watched Abigail lie down on the bed beside her, using one of her hands to cover her eyes. "I think I'm going to try and rest."

"M-Me too." Kiana whispers, curling up on the pillow with a deep frown. Neither of them showed it too much, but they were both in an excruciating pain. Both of them had pains running up and down their torso's.

Kiana then lets out a soft moan of pain, her eyes glazing over. Whatever it was made them sick. Something had to have been wrong with the cheese. As she laid there, her whole body shook as she tried to deal with the pain. But then the world faded out, and everything went black.

Abigail, out of the corner of her eyes saw Kiana go limp. Her first instinct was to check to see if she was okay, but she fought that off as she tried to figure out what could have been wrong with that cheese. There wasn't any mold on that she could see. Then again she hadn't looked very hard. And it was just sitting out on the counter. Maybe her mom or dad forgot to throw it away.

Her vision blurred and she forced herself to sit up only to cry out in pain and lay back down. The teen had absolutely no idea what was happening. But she was desperately trying to think, even after she too blacked out.