Chapter 6

Brian was driving away from the observatory. He could see a woman in the rear-view mirror gazing after him. He had not had time to speak with her, because he had to hurry not to miss his appointment with the woman he had met yesterday.

Brian shook his head. "Appointment? Whom am I kidding? You asked her out. It is not an appointment. It is a date. You have not even seen her, and you ask a total stranger to stargaze with you. You are an old fool Brian." He conversed in his head.

He soon arrived at his hotel and hurried to take a shower and get dressed. He had told the receptionist beforehand, that he wanted a special picnic basket for two with him on his trip, but before going on the date, he had to do something first.

"I have to call Roger." Brian thought. He dialled the number he knew too well.

"Roger Taylor" a familiar voice said.

"Hi Rog, its Bri. Listen I don't have too much time, but I am almost panicking." Brian said, trying to get his breath

"Easy now Bri, what's up?" Roger asked.

"To make a long story short, I have asked a woman out to stargaze with me, without even seeing her. What's going on with me?" He asked Roger a bit panicked.

"Bri. I am sure you will be fine. Everybody likes to be in your presence, so stop worrying. Go and have a perfect date." Roger said with a smirk on his lips.

"Roger! It's an appointment, not a date!" Brian yelled back

"Sure. Right. Whatever. Remember protection" Roger said and laughed hysterical.

"ROGER. You...you..." Brian could not finish the sentence before Roger said "Have a wonderful evening, and let me know what happened. Take care old friend." He said

"I will, and take care too old bloke" Brian said, and hung up the phone.

The clock showed 18:30.

"Shit I am going to be late", he thought and almost stumbled over his feet heading for the door.

"Hola Mr May". The receptionist greeted him. "I have put something special for you in the basket. Have a wonderful time Sir." She continued.

"Gracias señora" Brain replied, giving her a kiss on the cheek. He headed for his car and drove as fast as allowed.

He arrived at the hotel just in time, and could see a beautiful woman standing in the reception waiting.

He was just standing gazing at her.

"Oh my. She looks amazing. She reminds me of..." Suddenly it hit him. He knew exactly where he had seen her before. He suddenly remembered the evening at the concert some months ago, where he had run after a woman in a red dress.

"It can't be her, or can it? Brian your fool, go and greet her, instead of standing and gazing."

Just minutes before, Vicky had arrived at the hotel reception. She had managed to hide her tears, as she knew too well, that the man she wanted the stranger to be would never show up.

She could hear the doors open and to her bewilderment, she saw Brian May enter the room.

"Oh my god. It cannot be. Is it really him? What should I do?!" Vicky thought petrified. She could not move, and after a while gazing at each other, he approached her.

"Vicky?" Brian asked with a small voice.

"Yes, I am Vicky. Pleasure to meet you Doctor May." She said after pulling herself together.

"Oh, please do call me Brian." He said smiling at her.

Vicky could feel she was blushing.

"Let's go. Not long until the Sun sets." Brian said eagerly. "Come on. I parked my car just outside the hotel." He continued.

He offered her his arm, and they walked towards the car. Brian opened the door for her, and waited for her to take a seat. When she sat comfortably, he closed the door, and headed for the driver's seat.

A long time passed, before any of them started to talk. "I can't believe it. It must be a dream. Am I going on a star adventure with THE Brian May?" Vicky thought to herself.

"Is this really happening? Am I really sitting next to the woman I have longed for to meet the last couple of months?" Brian thought.

Brian broke the silence first. "So, was it a good meeting you had? He asked her.

"Well yes it was. You sat next to me by the way" Vicky answered and started laughing.

"Wow. Were you the woman I sat next too? You didn't say much at all." He said smiling

"To be honest, I was perplexed, because you looked like the man I had seen the night before while stargazing." She replied blushing.

Brian giggled. "Well. Why did it perplex you? He asked teasingly.

Vicky laughed, and slapped his arm. "Sorry. I couldn't help myself." He said, now laughing.

They used the rest of the traveling time talking about the lectures, they had heard earlier that day.

Soon, they arrived at mount Teide and started to unpack the car.