Chapter 7

Another Flashback.
--

I finally decided that I should settle my issues with SM first, I have to back out from training so I won't have to pay for training fees anymore.

"Good thing you came here, MinHye. I have something to tell you. Let's go into my office." The director said.

I nodded my head and followed him, I have to tell him my decision too.

"Take your seat." He motioned me to sit across from him.

I sat and asked, "What do you want to tell me, sir?"

"Ah! I just want you to know that the board even Lee Soo Man talked about you and how talented you are, I was the one responsible for telling you that they wanted you to be F(x)'s 6th member. A follow up member, indeed."

What? Why now? When everything is messed up and I can't accept this.

"Or if you want you can be a member of the next girl group that will debut." He smiled at me, "Isn't that great? Everything's about to pay-off. You can choose either of the two."

6th member of F(x)? Member of the next girl group? I'm going to waste these things for my baby. These are the opportunities I've been waiting ever since I started training.

If I'm going to accept it I have to abort the baby, or if not, I will possibly have miscarriage because of dancing and sleepless nights. I fought with my father because of this baby. I was kicked out from because of this.

If I'll accept this offer, I'll have a better life. The life I dreamt. The life that I've always wanted. I can show JunMyeon that he made the wrong choice about breaking up with me.

"They actually want you to be the 10th member of SNSD but you were too young for them. You're just 20, right? So what are you going to choose?"

This is it, "Can you wait for me until next year?"

I saw his eyebrows furrowed, "Why wait until next year when we can do it now?"

"I-I can't." I don't think I should say this, "I'm p-pregnant."

"What?" He exclaimed, "Then abort it, SM can afford the abortion."

My mouth was left hanging. I can't believe they're this desperate. How can he say that without being guilty?

I stood up, "I won't do that. This baby is mine, this is from my own flesh and I won't let you do that." I opened the door, "I already re-signed and cancelled my training contract. Thank you for having me."

I left the building right after that conversation with the director. I can't stay there any longer, it's suffocating me. All they think is money, money, money! How can he suggest that to me as easy as telling me to close my eyes? I abhor that company, they're so selfish. They don't care about others' feelings.

C'mon, MinHye. Instead of thinking about them, why don't you just find a place to work? So you can have money for you and for the baby?

Right. I touched my tummy again. Hey baby, you won't leave Mommy like your father did, right? I love you. Just thinking of having a baby excites me. I want to hold his/her tiny hands and sing him/her to sleep.

--

"Sorry but we're not hiring right now, but we'll call you once we do. You can give me your phone number." The restaurant's manager said.

I smiled to him and was about to give him my phone number when I realized that Appa took it from me, "Ah. I don't have a phone right now but can I just go back once I bought one?"