(9)

L E O N I E

There is a dick behind me.

Not a dick as in a piece of shit person.

But an actual penis rubbing up on the outside of my underwear.

The material between my butt and his penis was thin. So I could feel it all. And if I'm being honest, I'm impressed.

It's a little bit embarrassing to admit that the entire penis size thought process happened before memories of last night had even surfaced. So after I was done shuffling through an assortment of amusing internal polaroids that offered a disoriented, unfocused recount of events, I realised that it was the hot newbie, Heath.

The only reason that I knew that it was him without turning around, was because of the scent of his cologne. It had hit me the first time we met and every single time afterwards. It was masculine but sweet. The sort of fragrance that could be mixed with his own musk and smell ten times more captivating. It would be a lie to claim that this was the first time that I had woken up with a stranger, therefore, I wasn't in the business of flailing about and making a fuss about the fact that I had no idea what the hell was going on. Being calm allowed me to get a sense of how the morning should proceed before I opened my eyes.

It was almost impossible to put the timeline in order. Did I take my clothes off? Why were we asleep on the couch? Who chose Teen Wolf? How did we even get home? There were a few bits and pieces of the puzzle floating around behind my closed lids. But making sense of it was more often than not, a waste of time and effort. The latter was what I was lacking if I was being honest. So I just decided that I would let it come back to me in its own time.

But the mild sting in my fist was the first thing to trigger a major flashback. That wasn't the first time to happen either. It seemed that I was rather predictable, as disappointing as that was. Pummelling the hell out of Harlin was a bit of a blur but how I felt about it was a mixed reaction. From what I could recall, she deserved it. However, I hated to be violent. It just wasn't who I was. Still, perhaps she would think twice before uttering the name Benny, ever again.

That was about the last solid memory that I had. The rest of it was too contorted to even attempt to make sense of. So I sat up, being as careful as I could not to stick an elbow into Heath's chest as I leaned up on it. One of the benefits of being a regular consumer, was that I didn't suffer from hangovers. Not in the I'm-going-to-chunder-and-spend-the-next-eighteen-hours-unable-to-move sense.

Exhaustion was as far as it went when it came to post party antics. Jade was often quick to remind me that it wouldn't last. With age comes an inability to recover she would tell me. That might have been true. Until then, I would embrace the fact that I wasn't a total zombie after a night out. Not that it seemed to matter. She knew what the consequences were and she still drank more than Homer Simpson during a crisis.

Heath stirred behind me and I peered over my shoulder to see his lashes fluttering. He had nice lashes. Thick and full. It was cruel that men managed to end up with these amazing features that woman had to spend money on if we wanted. Lash extensions, mascara or lash tinting. We had options but come on. Could we not have been born with that natural flutter. He smiled when his tired gaze found me and I was suddenly aware that I wasn't wearing a lot of clothing.

Not that it bothered me a whole lot. It was unlikely that he hadn't seen a female in her bra and underwear before. He was also in med school. There would be a lot of nude in his future. Medical or otherwise. Especially the otherwise I had to assume. He was stupid hot. Especially with that fluffed hair and deep brown stare that watched me with nothing but respect. He wasn't ogling me or finding an excuse to touch me. He was just smiling as he palmed the sleep out of his eyes, causing his bicep to flex on the arm that he used.